What Would You Like To See on Motel Mingle?

Motel Mingle Forums Welcome Website / Forum Suggestions & Feedback What Would You Like To See on Motel Mingle?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Motel Mingle Motel Mingle 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Motel Mingle
    Motel Mingle
    Keymaster

Hi guys, please let me know what else you would like to see on Motel Mingle. I have designed and created this site for all fellow motel operators and the Motel Industry and want it to succeed. It can only do this by your support and ideas to help me along to continue to add information and content that you all want to see.

Don’t be shy and tell me what you want.

regards,

Mick

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

• Author
    Replies
    Busybees
    Busybees
    Participant
    • Topics Started 21
    • Replies 226

Hi Mick,
    I have been in touch with our local council, we were invited to a mayoral breakfast meeting, along with all accommodation providers. He would like to promote Mingle in the next newsletter, and try to get all our city’s providers interested, perhaps! Is this something you would like me to say yes too?? i would think yes but want to get your approval first.
    cheers
    busybees

Motel Mingle
      Motel Mingle
      Keymaster
      • Topics Started 37
      • Replies 62

Hi BusyBees,
      Go for it! Any positive actions to spread the word about Motel Mingle is welcome and much appreciated.

Stephanie
    Stephanie
    Participant
    • Topics Started 6
    • Replies 43

Can we have newest post in each topic to oldest? or is that an option already that I haven’t noticed?

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

BMM
    Participant
    • Topics Started 6
    • Replies 46

Mick,
    I have noticed that the front page has changed and is no longer showing up recent topics or replies.
    It is hard and time consuming to go through each individual forum to see up to date input.

Motel Mingle
      Motel Mingle
      Keymaster
      • Topics Started 37
      • Replies 62

Hi BMM,
      Thanks for letting me know. An automatic update was recently done and for some reason the forum topics and replies were not visible.

I have rectified the situation and you should now see them on the main forum page by clicking on the “Forums” link in the menu bar at the top of any page.

CHEERS

Mr Petersen
    Mr Petersen
    Blocked
    • Topics Started 4
    • Replies 61

Great. If we keep the banter going then others will use the forum more. Post a few new threads.

Busybees
    Busybees
    Participant
    • Topics Started 21
    • Replies 226

Well done Mick,
    Keep up the great work!
    cheers

Motel Mingle
    Motel Mingle
    Keymaster
    • Topics Started 37
    • Replies 62

I have also just enabled PM’s Private Messages for you guys to send personal messages to other members.
    All you have to do is click on the dashboard link on the top right hand corner and that will take you to “My Account” area. Scroll down to find messages, click on it and you will see any messages sent to you and you can also send a private message to other members by clicking the compose button.

Busybees
    Busybees
    Participant
    • Topics Started 21
    • Replies 226

Mick,
    I agree with Mr Peterson with the default being “on” to notify me. Perhaps you can set the default to yes but have an option for those to opt out if they wish
    I have missed a lot of discussions because I haven’t been previously involved in them.

I think PM is also a good idea.

Motel Mingle
      Motel Mingle
      Keymaster
      • Topics Started 37
      • Replies 62

OK Done! I just found a way to have the tick box ticked as default. Just hope it does not affect any other operation in the site. Let me know if you see any problems by using the contact form.

Thanks for the suggestions by the way.

Mr Petersen
    Mr Petersen
    Blocked
    • Topics Started 4
    • Replies 61

I agree with Bonny. Most forums allow PM’s between users.

regards, Mr P

Bonny
    Participant
    • Topics Started 0
    • Replies 5

Can you set up a system for members to do private messages to each other?

Motel Mingle
      Motel Mingle
      Keymaster
      • Topics Started 37
      • Replies 62

Bonny I am sure we can find a way to do it. Not real sure why you would need to however if others request this I will certainly look into it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.