Motel Mingle Forums Marketing What forms of advertising are you using today?

• Creator

Topic

CVM

Participant

Just wondering what forms of advertising are you guys using today? We have cut down on heaps of advertising over the last few years (yellow pages,local newspapers) and really only use our website and some free online sites for basic listings.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

bellavilla166

Participant
        • Topics Started 3
        • Replies 16

Most are now charging 12% …….find me someone who still charges 10%
          checkin.com went under last year and we were owed about $3500.00………….now they are back in operation with a virtual credit card system and are charging 15% commission.

My advertising is limited to the online accommodation providers. I do not advertise with any news papers (including Seniors) as after the costs it is not worth it. I also do not advertise with any map people. i am curerently advertising with trip adviser but the responce is slow and their guests comments are a joke.
          i have been threatened to give a discount to a customer or he would write a bad comment on trip adviser. Also other motels are writing comments about their own motel to “Up” the ratings. The whole system needs a good shake down to prevent false comments. The comments on wotif etc are more in line with fact and not fiction.

howie

Participant
          • Topics Started 3
          • Replies 71

We have signed up with booking.com in the last 3 months and have been receiving 3 bookings to 1 versus wotif,
            Booking.com is spending money on advertising and has coincided with a spike in bookings with booking.com
            Meanwhile wotif`s business model is falling in a heap , with profit warnings etc. . the next step for them will be to increase fees and commissions which will see us quite happily ditch them
            cheers Howard
            castle creek motel
            euroa

StephanieStephanie

Participant
              • Topics Started 6
              • Replies 43

Wotif is now charging 12%

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

robguy27

Participant
              • Topics Started 2
              • Replies 34

We don’t advertise anymore – find Wotif the best as every body seems to use it

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.