Motel Mingle Forums Online Bookings Verify Credit card

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Paul Paul 2 years ago.

• Creator

Topic

MVM

Participant

Hi all,

People supplying incorrect credit card details and then no showing or cancelling inside the 48hrs (our policy) and then the card declining is on the rise. Anyone have a way of verifying the credit cards prior to arrival or at booking without actually charging the card? CBA apparently doesn’t do pre-auth and can’t seem to find another way of doing it.

Thanks
      MVM

• Author

Replies

Paul
      Paul

Participant
      • Topics Started 24
      • Replies 80

I don’t foresee you having any problems (we’ve never had one) as the vast majority of guest think they’ve already paid online anyway….

MVM

Participant
        • Topics Started 10
        • Replies 58

Thanks for your input… We’ve now implemented a first nights rate 2 days prior to arrival… Now we are able to cancel the bookings if card is invalid in time to resell.
          We were hesitant to do this at first as all the other motels around us have a pay on arrival policy and didn’t want to put people off.. But hasn’t seemed to impact the bookings.

Paul
          Paul

Participant
          • Topics Started 24
          • Replies 80

I would always charge the CC 24 hours before arrival. Our cancellation policy is 24hrs so this works for us. If the CC is declined I ring the guests and tell them I need another card before they will be let in….

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
            • Topics Started 8
            • Replies 84

Why not charge the first nights rate at the time of booking or at least a substantial deposit ? You then have knowledge that there is money in the card account. If the guests cancel outside 48 policy you can refund it. If the card is invalid ask for another card number & expiry if refused advise the guest the booking is cancelled. This system works for me with Booking.Com pay on arrival guests. I also have Booking.Com tagged to supply their full address at the time they book, this has also helped to rid me of the rubbish guests. They are not anonymous less like likely to be fraudulant.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.