Motel Mingle Forums Channel Managers Using A Channel manager

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  howie 3 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

bellavilla166

Participant

If any one is interested in using a channel manager to manage your internet bookings may I suggest “Netroomz”.
      They charge the lowest rate in the marketplace and are easy to use.
      We have been using netroomz for the last 3 years and it is being linked to major accommodation providers….like booking.com etc.
      Using a channel manager gives you genuine credit card numbers and it also tells you who is coming in on the day (from all providers)

• Author

Replies

Paul
      Paul

Participant
      • Topics Started 24
      • Replies 80

Hi Howie, a motel that we regularly relief manage has just switched from Hirum and Hisite to Satin and STAAH. Although we didn’t receive any training on Satin we found it quite intuative and the tech backup is excellent. It seems to be able to handle a lot of tasks and if you have a query/question, you can post this for phone back up online and the guys there rang back within 5 minutes – excellent service.
        As for STAAH it behaves like a typical channel manager although seems a lot more ‘long winded’ than some and the tech backup is not good. The gentleman who we dealt with at STAAH didn’t have a lot of patience and, to be honest, made a few mistakes in his initial set up of rooms for the property.
        Having used quite a number of PMS systems now, we have to keep coming back to Guestpoint (version 8 just released) as it seems to be the most user friendly and easy to use. As for channel managers, Resonline seems to work the best although I’m sure there’ll be any number of opinions….

howie

Participant
          • Topics Started 3
          • Replies 71

Thanks for the feedback Paul , I ask about those 2 because we have a 24 hour checkin machine which is compatible with 2 systems and makes it into fully automatic instead of manually entering pre booked rooms. Although putting pre booked rooms into the machine is not a real hassle , it would alow us to have rooms available via our website 24 hours a day without having to worry about soemone booking a room in the middle of the night . At the moment they can arrive in the middle of the night and use the machine to obtain a room but they can`t book on our website in the middle of the night and have it go in the machine automatically .
            So thanks again

howie

Participant
          • Topics Started 3
          • Replies 71

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on channell managers and pms systems they are using .
            Specifically Satin and Staah , any feed back on those 2 would be great

MVM

Participant
            • Topics Started 10
            • Replies 58

I’ve had issues with Little hotelier, they are documented on this forum.. But it still does the job.
              Can it be better, by a country mile… But nearly all other systems have pro’s / con’s. In the end it’s what you know and how you use it. We are 18 rooms, 93% occupancy for January and it’s performed exceptionally well during this busy period.
              From when we started using it 3yrs ago, it’s come a long way from then.

Ash

Participant
              • Topics Started 1
              • Replies 14

With a view to motivate some of these discussions. They are so old…

Here we are in 2018 and I am sure the attitude and direction has changed on the subject of channel managers and OTA’s. If you think you can live without them, you are going to lose bookings. Really there are only a few worthy of spending any time on with Booking.com being the leader of the OTA’s by miles.
                I am interested to hear how these little known OTAs are going, such as beds24 etc.

And how is Little hotelier going for those who are using it? Bellavilla? I am using it for the first time for a short stint andI have found it severely restrictive and lacking in any feature useful to a serious operation. Perhaps a 5-10 room quiet motel would justify such a program but for any operation of reasonable turnover, a suitable program such as the big ones, RMS, Guestpoint etc are the only choices.
                Web based systems are simple to use as its like any other webiste log in on any device. The more powerful ones are computer installs and only run on PC’s and either a standalone, network or cloudbase database. Anything that is web only is a total disaster without internet.

Busybees
                Busybees

Participant
                • Topics Started 22
                • Replies 231

Hi guys,
                  Just to let you know, Agoda is the Asian arm, Booking.com is the European and Australian Arm of Priceline, which is an American Company. Expedia owns, Wotif, Last Minute, trivage and hotels combined.

I know this has nothing to do with the actual topic about using a channel manager but I always suggest to my guests that if they cant book directly with me then to at least use flight centre or quickbeds, as these are Ossie owned and the tax stays on shore. Whereas the other above all goes to the us NOT taxed, somewhere in the vicinity of $64bill went last year, that’s a whole lotta schools hospitals and roads!! And I tell them they only charge us 10% where the others charge anywhere between 12-20%!!

If this is off topic boss, please delete, I will understand
                  cheers
                  Busybees

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                  • Topics Started 8
                  • Replies 84

Crikey Flaslight you are good at this! In between stripping rooms, making beds, doing our in house wash & dry & folding I do miss some important things. Ok so maybe you know the answer to my question of number of booking channels OTA’s is Expedia counted as 1 and booking.cpom counted as 1 or all their individual wotif. last minutes get counted as well ?

flashlight

Participant
                      • Topics Started 1
                      • Replies 15

Howdy Wazza, just curious, did you ever check out beds24.com? Cheers, Lyle (motelsitters.com)

flashlight

Participant
                        • Topics Started 1
                        • Replies 15

LOL tidywazza, I’m semi retired so have of lots of time to spare.

Yes, Expedia and booking.com only counts as 2 channels and all of the other websites normally included as part of those 2 channels like wotif, last minute.com, hotels combined are included. Note, some sites like Agoda, whilst owned by Expedia (I think) are a separate channel though.

If you want to give me a call just email me at ozflashlight@gmail.com.

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                        • Topics Started 8
                        • Replies 84

Sorry I meant to say there is NO contact email showing

flashlight

Participant
                            • Topics Started 1
                            • Replies 15

If you go to the bottom left hand corner of any page on beds24.com you will see an envelope (next to facebook icon), just click on that to email.

Re pricing, just go to the pricing tab and you can calculate your monthly price – just click down arrow by currency and change to $A.

Cheers.

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                            • Topics Started 8
                            • Replies 84

I am confused as their payments only show in Euro dollars and there is contact email to ask question only a joining page, I want to ask questions before a demo.

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                              • Topics Started 8
                              • Replies 84

BELLAVILLA 166, Did you proceed with using Little Hotellier ? If yes are you contented with your choice ? I have been researching for channel managers, booking buttons and I think I will take their offer of All In One, Front Desk System, Direct Booking System, Channel Manager. I would value your opinion if you chose to use them.

flashlight

Participant
                                  • Topics Started 1
                                  • Replies 15

Seriously Tiddy, give beds24.com a go, you can try if for free for 1 month.
                                    Little Hotelier is a very good system but it will cost you 3 to 4 times more.
                                    I like to support local companies but they always seem to be very expensive.

flashlight

Participant
                                  • Topics Started 1
                                  • Replies 15

I recently came across beds24.com. It’s an online booking system, channel manager and property management system all in one.

It’s a basic but extremely effective system – it doesnt have all the mod cons but it has everything you need and it works.

A 20 room motel with 5 room types and 5 channels costs $45 per month – thats for everything.
                                    Other systems can cost $160 to $300 per month for that.

I’m currently using it with my B&B and I’ve had no problems. If I still had my motel, I’d swap to it. I’ve used far more expensive systems and the only thing I would miss with beds24 is the ability to drag rooms around the calender.

I have no financial or other interest in the system but I’d be happy to help set it up on a trial basis for anyone who is not computer literate. I’m semi reitired and enjoy doing that kind of stuff.

Paul
                                    Paul

Participant
                                    • Topics Started 24
                                    • Replies 80

In our new work abode we use ‘resonline’ and although comprehensive, it is not as user-friendly as Site Minder in our opinion and is a bit ‘clunky’.

Paul
                                      Paul

Participant
                                      • Topics Started 24
                                      • Replies 80

We use SiteMinder here and fund it very easy to use and update. Links to all the main OTA’s (Booking.com, LIDO, Expedia etc etc).

Brumby

Participant
                                        • Topics Started 3
                                        • Replies 30

We have been using Satin which has a good support.

Busybees
                                          Busybees

Participant
                                          • Topics Started 22
                                          • Replies 231

We have been using RMS, both as a front office (for the three years) and channel manager for the 2 years we have been here and inherited from the previous owner.We now have UseROss as our channel manager (part of being with the Arra group) We are on the verge of switching over to perhaps concierge as it looks fairly similar to RMS. The cost of RMS is going up and they now want to lock people into a 2 year contract, so its time to move on!!
                                            Provided you have a channel manager, they can connect you to nearly every OTA with whom you wish to be connect.
                                            Yes you definitely need a front office system, it saves so much hassle and the chance of double bookings.It is worth the money that you spend each month. Its finding the one that gives you the support, at a price you can afford and one that you can operate.
                                            Good luck
                                            luck

howie

Participant
                                            • Topics Started 3
                                            • Replies 71

We have been using concierge for about a year now and hove found it pretty good , reasonably easyto use with all the reports that you need , the customer support is very good to excellent , the girls are very good at helping over the phone or logging straight into your computer to show you how, it cost about $110.00 per 3 months and you can team it up with a channel manager such as we have to update247 for about $70/month , the good part is that
                                              concierge links straight through to your channel manager and updates as your enter any guests , and also online bookings go straight into your pms so no more getting up in the morning and having to enter online bookings from the night before. You can also have a book now button onyour website so that the whole lot is automated straight to your computer screen
                                              cheers

bellavilla166

Participant
                                              • Topics Started 3
                                              • Replies 16

Hello from me
                                                We are having a shot at Little Hotellier.
                                                It is a frnt desk with channel manager.
                                                It looks good and you can view it on you tube and get your thoughts on it.
                                                It is web based so you must have a decent internet connection.
                                                It has teamed up with ‘site minder” channel manager
                                                Check it out

Liz

Participant
                                                • Topics Started 1
                                                • Replies 16

Any other channel managers to consider out there that someone would like to share their thoughts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.