Motel Mingle Forums Online Bookings Trip Advisor Business

• Creator

Topic

Angimon

Participant

Has anyone subscribed to this? Do you think it is value for money? I have thought about subscribing so that guests can book direct from here, but the cost seems excessive. Please let me know your experiences

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

Angimon

Participant
        • Topics Started 14
        • Replies 80

Hi all
          Just wondering if anyone that previously had a TA business listing has renewed it since TA have become another OTA booking site, not a review site. I have about 5 days left to make a decision, but now that they are openly a booking site, I just don’t know how worthwhile it will be. If you have renewed, what sort of deal were you able to negotiate?
          Any feedback appreciated, including how to avoid OTAs without losing bookings.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
          • Topics Started 22
          • Replies 232

http://www.accomnews.com.au/industry/154-news-in-brief/5062-exclusive-tripadvisor-responds-to-extortionist-fee-claims?utm_source=newsletter_714&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=may-accommodation-industry-news-thursday-4th-2015-proof-1

Hi Portlandcabbage,

i have included the latest accommnews regarding TripAdvisor business listing.
            I still personally do not have an issue with TA and have also thought a few times re getting a business listing. I still not sure if I will….too many decisions to be making regarding the thieves that are the OTAs!!
            But anyway its good to have a lot of different opinions so that you can make an informed decision

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
              • Topics Started 22
              • Replies 232

Sorry Angimon,
                I never had a business listing so I cant help!!

PortlandcabbagePortlandcabbage

Participant
              • Topics Started 2
              • Replies 22

Thanks Angimon and pnm for your replies. I think I will get in touch with TA and see what the costs are associated with their Business Listing and TripConnect. The pay per clicks has me stumped though! Not quite sure how that one works. 🙂

pnm

Participant
                  • Topics Started 4
                  • Replies 17

The pay per clicks are similar to google adwords if you have ever delved into that? Essentially at the end of the day, if you generate a booking at a click through to your website at a cost of $2.25 for example, you are still coming out on top as opposed to booking.com etc generating the booking for you. Tripadvisor are also paying the google adword fees to get to the top of searches, so it is a pretty cheap alternative to adwords!

Angimon

Participant
                  • Topics Started 14
                  • Replies 80

Hi Portlandcabbage

I have a business listing. The main reason I went with this was to drive those that look at reviews on TA to my website not to an OTA. The business listing displays a link to my website, the business address and phone number. Currently the phone number is a monitored number, and apparently I’ll be able to access data on how many guests rang using this number. I’ve also got the ability to add special offers or announcements to my page. Currently I’m not using these but if I ever have an offer or announcement the option’s there!
                    Originally I thought the cost excessive, but it has come down considerably from when I was first looking at it. I ran some numbers and for me, if I can get one booking a week direct that would have booked through an OTA I will come out about even (ex GST). At the end of the day I’m trying to make money, but sometimes you have to spend it to make it!
                    Also, following up on Busybees comment above, the popularity index is not purely on number of reviews – if you get the most reviews in your town/area and they are all ones, you won’t come out as number one!

PortlandcabbagePortlandcabbage

Participant
                    • Topics Started 2
                    • Replies 22

Does anyone have TRIPCONNECT or TripAdvisor BUSINESS LISTING or PAY PER CLICK?
                      I want to know what each of them do and are they worth it.
                      Looking it this rather than Wotif/Expedia as news articles are indicating that TripAdvisor is going to be the number 1 OTA
                      Thanks

pnm

Participant
                        • Topics Started 4
                        • Replies 17

Hi Portland, we have the TA business listing. Originally we found the cost excessive for what it was providing to us in terms of direct bookings. Having taken the time to explore and learn all that is on offer, we find this our most valuable advertising tool. The TripConnect is a booking direct through TA site itself. No commission is payable. Using the trip connect you have the option of being able to advertise your motel rates. You do have to log in each day as the likes of wotif & booking.com regularly outbid you to bump your rates off the booking screen. So, your cost for using trip connect is how many people click through on your rates (pay per click). We typically spend around 200 – 300 per month on the trip connect pay per clicks for bookings direct to us through our advertised rates, this represents a saving in commissions to booking.com//wotif etc of around 3500 a month so it is well worth while. Tripadvisor is really just an advertising portal, by becoming a business listing member you get the opportunity to advertise against the wotif’s, booking.com’s etc etc and compete for direct bookings, it doesn’t replace the other OTA’s.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                        • Topics Started 22
                        • Replies 232

I have thought the same thing,but the cost does seem a little excessive especially in the current climate.

The thing that ticks me off about Tripadvisor is……. Your actual rating doesn’t go on your review score that you recieve from your guests BUT from the AMOUNT of reviews good OR bad!! Surely this is just one more way to promote THEIR business, by using standover type tactics (pay for business listing so you can go up the ladder, and again ensuring that you are building THEIR business)
                          Unfortunately, the average Joe Blow thinks you are at the top of the list cos you are good at what you do, NOT by the amount of reviews you have acquired.
                          I believe for us non corporate motels, we will be viturally “FORCED” to use it or we will miss the boat, unless we can somehow advise the customer of the rating system, and that will be impossible!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.