Motel Mingle Forums General Chit Chat Telemarketers UNBELIEVABLE

• Creator

Topic

BusybeesBusybees

Participant

OMG I am SOOO over tele-marketers. We must have at lest 5 calls a day, the latest being, “Hi my name is Alex and I am calling about your car accident”. It used to just be communciations companies, then energy companies but this is just ridiculous!!!!

I have spoken to the “Do not call register” but unfortunatley, as yet the new government hasn’t made a decision on whether businesses can go onto the register. The guy suggested the only way out of it at the moment, IF, you don’t normally get incoming osea calls is to put a block on international calls. This will work for communications and now insurance but still wont stop the energy or the charity organsiations. We had 6 yes 6 calls from the one organisation (which we support with discount accommodation), in one day!!!! Then we had 3 follow up calls during the week!!!

I nearly lost a 2 rooms for 2 nights because when she said “hello its Lynda from xyz energy company”, I said,”please take me off you list and put me on your DO NOT CAll register”, she said “no no no I want to book some rooms, and yes I know how bad it is with the telemarketer calls!!!”
      So even the company understands that it is becoming over the top!!

Does anyone else have any suggestions,other than a whistle in the ear!!?? Is anyone else being “harrassed” as much??

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
        • Topics Started 22
        • Replies 232

I have ask them to they want a book a room…no no I want to speak to the manager about your telephone account, and I say, so you want a book a room,is that why you are calling you wnt to book a room, they usually hang up. Mind you I have twice now ysed the whistle in the ear!!!

Liz

Participant
          • Topics Started 1
          • Replies 16

As of next week your telstra bill will decrease to bla bla bla. I lost count of how many times I have heard this.

Liz

Participant
            • Topics Started 1
            • Replies 16

Same story with us. I have almost embarrassed myself by saying “I am not interested thank you” thinking that the call was another telemarketer. It is just getting out of control and must be similar with a lot of other people out there.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.