This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Busybees Busybees 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

Phillip

Participant

Hi, anyone here operating in Port Melbourne area?

We sometimes get booking requests which we are not able to accept as the dates overlap other bookings or the guests are looking for a 2 – bedroom unit. Just wondering if anybody would be open to working together so that I can redirect guest(s) to one another whenever a booking has to be turned away.

• Author

Replies

Ash

Participant
      • Topics Started 1
      • Replies 14

It’s a shame and strange why moteliers isolate themselves from others and treat the opposition as if they are the enemy. Such behaviour is rife and does no one any good. Working with others can be beneficial to everyone. But wherever I have been, there is no trust, discussion or sharing of guests. Each operator behaves as if the others are out to get them and they all criticise each other. I’ve tried to network in small towns but have always hit a wall.

Busybees
        Busybees

Participant
        • Topics Started 22
        • Replies 231

Wish I were in your area! it is great that you are looking to work WITH as opposed to working AGAINST!!
          We used to have a motel up the road that we would send our spillovers to (and we did, she VERY rarely had any, I have contacted the new lessees and they have never sent any down to us though we send them through to them!!)

Busybees
            Busybees

Participant
            • Topics Started 22
            • Replies 231

Hi Ash,
              It was the same before we arrived apparently. The former lessee and the motel up the road tried to get a “moteliers assn” going in the town but to no avail.
              When we first came to check out the motel, we obviously stayed in another motel. The manager asked what we were doing, and when I replied we are looking to get into the same business as you, his reply was “I hope its not that little dump out the road”. (When we took over our little dump was rated 21/25 on TripA for the past 8 months we have been in the top 5!!) This just shows you the typical attitude of the “long termers”.
              The motel up the road has since changed hands twice, and we again sent our spill-lovers up there and have answered a few questions for the current owners, but neither of them came to introduce themselves to us, it was only through the broker that we knew it had resold! When we first came we went and introduced ourselves.
              Another couple moved here (to a 4* in town) about 4 months after us, they have sent their spillovers to us too, and we have bumped into each other up the street (maybe twice in 5 years!!) but that is the extent of our “contact” with other providers.
              I really dont get the whole opposition to each other either. There is a lot we could do with each other for each other if only they would see it.
              And I really dont get that more people haven’t joined or aren’t using this site!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.