Motel Mingle Forums Servicing the Rooms When to Service Rooms?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Busybees Busybees 5 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

msherrott

Participant

Could someone please tell me if rooms should be serviced if customers are only staying 2 nights.

• Author

Replies

Busybees
      Busybees

Participant
      • Topics Started 22
      • Replies 232

All of the above!!

CVM

Participant
        • Topics Started 13
        • Replies 32

SAME SAME! You don’t want to wait for a few days before discovering that the guests are absolute pigs. Actually by servicing daily you also may discover accidental wine spillages or similar to get on top of the stains earlier than later.

robguy27

Participant
          • Topics Started 2
          • Replies 34

We are the same as BMM & TidyWazza

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
            • Topics Started 8
            • Replies 84

I am similar to BMM. Daily servicing, fresh towels ect. Most guests do appreciate the fresh rooms and yes we can gauge the quality of the guests hygiene and good and bad habits. As BMM says some folks prefer us not to enter, but a sneak peek can often tell the story.

msherrott

Participant
              • Topics Started 1
              • Replies 1

Thank you we are new to the Motel business though we did have a lodge down the snow for 7 years most of them were self contained so were not serviced.

BMM

Participant
                • Topics Started 6
                • Replies 46

We do daily services, as much for our own benefit as for the guests.
                  Better to know if you have a problem,( cooking,smoking, etc). earlier as opposed to later.

Some guests request no service upon knocking, but if we have any doubts, we normally wait till they go out, instead of asking them.

On a personal note, I like my room serviced my room unless it is stated up front.
                  Apartments differ from place to place

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.