Motel Mingle Forums Cleaning Tips & Hints Room deodoriser

• Creator

Topic

MVM

Participant

Hi All,

Does anyone use a deodoriser? We use to use Lemon Proof from milestone, but found that after an hour or so the smell would be gone. We played with the dilution but the smell would still go and then we start to compromise the carpets if we make it too strong. We then tried Orchid from Exflo, but same thing. We found an old room perfume/ deodoriser called freshen from Milestone which seems to last a while but it’s quite overpowering, no matter how little you spray (it’s not a dilutable solution…

So after what you guys use to get that nice smell in the rooms that lasts a while but not overpowering..

Thanks
      Marty

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

PortlandcabbagePortlandcabbage

Participant
        • Topics Started 2
        • Replies 22

Thank you MVM, we use our Lemon Proof for the same as you. We will now try the Spice as an air freshener like you do.
          Thanks once again

MVM

Participant
          • Topics Started 10
          • Replies 58

Hi Portland Cabbage,

Yes, using Lemon or euco proof for benches, sinks, showers, floors, fittings, door knobs etc… anything i can wipe i use Lemon or euco proof. The previous owners would then spray the room (bed, curtains and carpets) with the lemon proof but i found that it’s compromised the carpet, where it’s made it dirtier and made the fibres hard. We now are trialling spice from milestone purely as an air freshener (spray over the bed, curtain and a couple of squirts in the middle of the room). And it’s not compromising the carpets and the smell is lasting longer as well. Milestone have a heap of air fresheners which we are going to keep trying out different ones each time it runs out and see which one we like.

PortlandcabbagePortlandcabbage

Participant
            • Topics Started 2
            • Replies 22

Hi all, I also use Lemon Proof from Milestone. We use this as our cleaning spray on the bench-tops, tables and other surfaces etc. Do you use the Spice Deodorant Spray for cleaning or just as a spray for around the room as an air freshener?

MVM

Participant
              • Topics Started 10
              • Replies 58

Thanks for the replies! Definately will try them all out. We got 5L of Fresh from Milestone, will then try Spice and then Momar. Tidywazza, the Super fragrance i couldn’t find on their website, is it called super pine? either way, will call them after we’ve tried fresh and spice.

Thanks again!
                Marty

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                • Topics Started 10
                • Replies 84

Momar Chemicals 02 9831 2994 http://www.momar.com.au supply a concentrated deoderisor & bacteriacide. Super fragrance lasts forever. Not cheap but very good. Use very sparingly in rooms , just a puff toward the curtain or the air condtioner grill. We also use Blue Thunder for cleaning out smells & blockages in drains / toilets ect. Severe, very severe blockages use Mo-Flo sulphuric acid base instant drain cleaner. 8-Alive maintains bacteria in drains. All these from Momar. Milestone is our major supplier of chemicals but I find Momar has some very specific use products.

Intercoast

Participant
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Replies 3

We use a Milestone product called Spice Deodorant Spray and buy it in a 5 litre bottle. We put half the bottle in a 20 litre drum and fill the rest with water. The fragrance will last most of the day and the guests are always commenting how nice our rooms are.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.