Motel Mingle Forums General Chit Chat Relief Manager Uniforms

• Creator

Topic

thewriter

Participant

Is there a preference in the industry or amongst accommodation venue owners or permanent managers for relief managers to wear or not wear their own uniforms with logos. As new people to the industry, it appeared that uniforms with logo might be appropriate. We do have uniforms with our business logo on them.

Any thoughts please?

thewriter

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

thewriter

Participant
        • Topics Started 1
        • Replies 1

Except for one owner, we have had an enormously positive response from owners, suppliers, guests, contractors etc. We very proudly wear our office uniforms with logos as well as our paddock ones. In our experience, the fact that owners hire professional relief and not donkeys is a big tick for the owners as seen as an excellent business management strategy. We commissioned a commercial design studio and advertising business to produce our logo. It’s on all our stationery and agreements. Wearing a uniform with logo is a condition of our contracts. If an owner doesn’t want it, then we will not accept that booking and we have – a month long one which was quickly replaced.

flashlight

Participant
          • Topics Started 1
          • Replies 15

I believe your regular Relief managers who work for you weekly or fortnightly should wear your uniform.
            When I owned motels all staff including the cleaners were required to wear the uniform.

Now we are starting as Short Term relief Managers relieving Motel owners/managers when they are on holidays. For this we have our own shirts. My feeling that this approach is professional and at the same time let’s the guests know that we are not the regular owners/managers. It isn’t a “cop-out”, more of an explanation if we are not up to speed on local tourism and such.

PaulPaul

Participant
            • Topics Started 25
            • Replies 80

Just to add a thought to that; I wouldn’t personally put any logo on our shirts that inferred ‘relief managers’ as the paying guests don’t particularly want to see that as they fully expect you to take full responsibility for the management of the motel (good or bad) and some could see it as a ‘kop out’…..

PaulPaul

Participant
              • Topics Started 25
              • Replies 80

I don’t suppose its practical for every motel that you do relief management at to have uniforms with their logos on etc. My wife and I (relief managers) have matching polo shirts of our own with no logo on that we use – this seems to fit the bill at most places or even a business shirt at the more ‘posher’ motels! 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.