Motel Mingle Forums Refurbishment Painting Rooms

• Creator

Topic

Angimon

Participant

We recently painted some rooms, and even after 8 weeks there is the lingering smell of paint. The rooms have some acrylic paint (hence the smell), and I have tried a lot of recommendations to rid the smell: bowls of water, bowls of vinegar, candles etc. Does anyone have any other ideas I can try? Frustration is setting in!

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

bellavilla166

Participant
        • Topics Started 3
        • Replies 16

I have painted plenty of rooms and find that Taubmans trade range has no smell. Also dont use an oil based paint for enamel.
          I find that taubmans black label acrylic enamel is the best.If it drags then use a acrylic conditioner available from bunnings. This gives it a smooth coat
          I have painted and rented the next day.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
          • Topics Started 22
          • Replies 232

So will you share the information that Angimon found cos we are about to paint some rooms too??

CVM

Participant
            • Topics Started 13
            • Replies 32

Just to let the rest of you know that Angimon has sent me a personal message(through the my account section) letting me know that the suggestions on this topic and others found on the internet have enabled them to clear the rooms of the paint smells and have gone ahead and painted the next 2 rooms. GREAT STUFF ANGIMON!

CVM

Participant
              • Topics Started 13
              • Replies 32

@Angimon How is that paint smell going? Have you managed to get on top of it?

Angimon

Participant
                • Topics Started 14
                • Replies 80

Thanks for the suggestions…seems there really is no miracle cure:)

123daily

Participant
                  • Topics Started 2
                  • Replies 14

Lots of fresh air. Try to keep the windows and door open as long as you can.

EFMI

Participant
                    • Topics Started 0
                    • Replies 1

Hi you can try cut onions and backing soda. just put on the plate. That should cut the smell down. But, it will still smell as there is not a solution to kill the smell totally.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.