Motel Mingle Forums Guests Behaving Badly OTA's and Black Listing Guests

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Angimon 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

waynephilip

Participant

Hi all.
      recently we had a guy stay for a period of time with us, when he left (paid in full) the room was a mess. we black listed him in Guestpoint, but, he was then able to make another booking which went through to us.
      anyway turns out that Booking.com creates a new email address for people and he was able to get through our system. needless to say upon his arrival it was explained what he did and that he should find other accomodation elsewhere.
      Phil & Wayne
      Lookout Mountain Retreat

• Author

Replies

Paul
      Paul

Participant
      • Topics Started 24
      • Replies 80

Just like to add that we’ve had a number of problems recently with grubs wanting rooms and trashing them, not paying, using them as ‘business outlets’ etc etc in our city. A number of motels have complained to the likes of Booking.com but they don’t really seem interested. I asked them to blacklist certain people so they could not book through them but all they said was that I’d have to supply supporting evidence for each case as to why they cannot book through them even though I told them that at least 5 motels had already contacted them with these same names.

Easy job reaping in the profits sat in an office isn’t it?

Angimon

Participant
          • Topics Started 14
          • Replies 80

Hi Paul

We don’t use a channel manager and therefore manually enter bookings. so can simply reject a reservation if required (although in four years I’ve never had to do this). Can you run a report on new reservations and if a name matches a blacklisted guest reject the booking?

melwer

Participant
          • Topics Started 1
          • Replies 4

Hi Paul

I agree with you that they are necessary evil.

They are behaving badly& unfairly purely because We as accommodation provider allow them to do so.

Please do not forget that it is a 2 way relationship. OTA’s are in business because of us & the guests.

I think the political correctness in this beautiful country has gone too far. Our values & principles are being ignored by these overseas OTA’s.

Kind Regards

Ben

Paul
            Paul

Participant
            • Topics Started 24
            • Replies 80

All OTA’s have their own rules by which only THEY stick to…..

Unfortunately now, they are a necessary evil.

melwer

Participant
              • Topics Started 1
              • Replies 4

Hi All

I write to express my very serious concern in relation to practices by Booking.com as in some cases have no regards for the laws & legislations in this country.

A person who is blacklisted by us as a motel operator is allowed by booking.com to make a booking thru their channel even We contacted them to express our concern & informed them of the blacklisted person.

Their policy by booking.com is: unless the guest agrees with the cancelation of the booking then the motel operator must pay for the guests relocation. The Law does confirm that a licensee or business owner “reserves the right of entry”

2 – A booking that is a no show & credit card on file declined is considred as bad debt as the motel operator can’t charge the no show fee.

Booking .com policy in relation to this matter is: guest must use the same declined credit card 3 times for 3 different bookings at the same motel before Booking.com would blacklist the guest from making a booking.

Their practice is against consumer law. A service provider has every right to refuse supply of goods & services to a customer with outstanding debt.

I discussed this matter with booking.com with no positive outcome. It seems to me that they have a free run to do whatever they want.

If anyone experienced the same issue please contact me at email melwer@bigpond.com or my mobile: 0405663698 to make a petition and make complaints to the authority. It seems to me that these cow boys have their own rules & regulations.

Kind Regards

Ben

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.