NBN

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  howie 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Angimon
    Participant

Has anyone in a regional area moved to the NBN yet? What was your experience… companies you would/wouldn’t recommend, how long it took, upload/download speed recommendations, any other system upgrades you think should be done at the time…

• Author
    Replies

howie
    Participant
    • Topics Started 3
    • Replies 71

Hi guys , just wondering , it has been awhile since this thread was used. How are people use of the nbn going whether it be Fixed wireless or cable etc , would love to hear ?

MVM
    Participant
    • Topics Started 10
    • Replies 53

We haven’t yet, but i know the local caravan park has and their phone hasn’t worked for 3 months since. They get constant reviews on poor internet as well.

Applegum
    Participant
    • Topics Started 2
    • Replies 21

We moved to the NBN in early 2014 (Toowoomba), the phone system was due for an upgrade so that was done at the same time. Ordinary cordless phones in the rooms, nothing special needed. Supplier was Telstra and everything went through quite smoothly. Internet has been fine ever since. Late last year we tried to move to Commander, the day before the numbers were ported (after 3 months of waiting) a technician told me our relatively new phone system probably wouldn’t work….. they weren’t kidding. 8 months of phones not working properly and plenty of back and forth we are back with Telstra and finally have a working phone system. Commander’s suggested remedy, replace a less than 3 year old phone system with a new one from them!

Angimon
      Participant
      • Topics Started 14
      • Replies 80

Hi Applegum
      Thanks for that, really appreciate the feedback. Do you know the upload/download speeds you went for? How many rooms is that for? Do you have ranged phone numbers? Did you buy the phone system outright or is it on a payment basis? I’m thinking that if we are to keep the in-room phones we will probably need to replace, but am also weighing up if in-room phones are really required these days with mobiles being so prevalent.

Applegum
        Participant
        • Topics Started 2
        • Replies 21

Hi Angimon,
        Sorry I’m not really up on the speeds we have but we do offer free wifi to our guests (25 rooms) and don’t seem to have any problems or negative feedback regarding our wifi, I know it isn’t a top speed plan we have but we are one of the lucky ones who have fibre optics into the premises so there is no loss of signal through copper wiring.
        The phone system is on a payment plan, it is an iPecs Ericsson but as for technical details once again I get lost. Although the phones are not used a lot it is still quite handy for wake-up calls and also ordering room service to still have in room phones.

Angimon
    Participant
    • Topics Started 14
    • Replies 80

Just hoping to receive some feedback on anyone’s experience with going to the NBN – regional or metro. Especially hoping to hear about people with in-room phones and what you did with these. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.