• Creator

Topic

howie

Participant

Just wondering if anyone else has problems with guests jumping the fence of pools after it has been closed.
      We even have them pull the cover off the pool to get in.
      We lock the gate just after sunset and put the cover on it, but that doesn`t seem to worry them. Especially the drinkers.
      Just wondering how others deal with this or what they have done to stop it.
      Not sure if we just leave it open or what( maybe put an electric fence on it!!!!!! )
      Looking for suggestions

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
        • Topics Started 22
        • Replies 232

We had exact same thing 2 weeks ago, “these are stubbies not glass”, 3 times we asked them (6 in the party) to not take the bottles in there, “but we are on the grass cooking the barbie”. The sign says no glass in this area, and explained 6 months later when a kid slices their foot open who are they going to sue!!!) They still tried to sneak in … SO we locked the gates!!
          I am so over explaining my rules and policies, sick of people asking “why?” I would love to answer “because I bloody said so that’s why!!”

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
          • Topics Started 22
          • Replies 232

Howie, we too have a sign that says no glass but same same as you “but these are stubbies”!!
            it means NO GLASS of any kind wine bottles, drink bottles, champagne bottles, glass plates for cheese and biccies…it is ALL glass so none of it is allowed but they just don’t get it!!

Angimon

Participant
              • Topics Started 14
              • Replies 80

Guests really are priceless at some times, aren’t they? We should set up a section about the most inane comments guests have made! Just for laughs 🙂

howie

Participant
                  • Topics Started 3
                  • Replies 76

that`s such a good idea i have started a new topic called Inane Guests

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                • Topics Started 22
                • Replies 232

We’ve been relatively lucky in the 4 years that we have been here.(touch wood)
                  The previous lessee never locked the gates, so he had locals coming in after hours using the pool. We lock the gates and have a sign that says motel guest only pool hours are…. and the gates are locked at …
                  We have only had one guest climb in after hours but once we went out and told him to get out, he did!
                  no trouble since!

howie

Participant
                    • Topics Started 3
                    • Replies 76

It seems we only have it happen with wedding guests , coming home full of grog , hot night , so they jump in the pool , i tell them to get out and they do , but its a pain in the arse to be getting up at 1 or 2 in the morning.
                      We have got to the stage where we dont take group bookings for weddings anymore so that we dont get 1 big group staying in the one motel.
                      We have heaps of weddings here and for a small town there is 3 motels but only 44 rooms toatl so we can pick and choose a bit.
                      The funny thing is when people come and see us and ask for a discount we just say no then put the prices up straight away for that night.
                      Good money but a pain in the arse

Brumby

Participant
                    • Topics Started 3
                    • Replies 30

Usually a sign is enough to deter them “Our insurance requires us to limit the hours of the pool use. For guest safety the pool will be closed. Guests who use the pool outside the pool hours may find a $500 fee on their credit card to cover excess on our insurance policy.This may be refunded after 12 months should there be no claims.”

Angimon

Participant
                        • Topics Started 14
                        • Replies 80

I like the idea of the sign… money talks! Not sure how legal it would be to actually take the money, but it might scare them into not using the pool. I like your style Brumby 😉

howie

Participant
                            • Topics Started 3
                            • Replies 76

On our sign it has a picture of a glass and says no glass . I go out there to cos they have stubbies in the area and ask them to remove them , they tell me these are stubbies not glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

howie

Participant
                            • Topics Started 3
                            • Replies 76

We do have a sign, but not one that has a cost involved , not sure it would deter drunks , but worth a thought

Viewing 3 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.