Motel Mingle Forums Relief Managers Looking to get into Relief Management

• Creator

Topic

Ray Clark

Participant

I am looking at moving into motel relief management initially in Qld. I seek some advice on how I can achieve this goal. I have been a field sales rep and indeed been a supplier of commercial manchester & soft furnishings to your industry in Victoria.I am basically aware of your systems and understand to some degree the running of your business. I am very willing to offer some of my time for exchange of some training.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

BMM

Participant
        • Topics Started 6
        • Replies 46

Ray,
          My first suggestion is to establish what type of relief position you are suited to.
          For example, smaller operations are looking for a more hands on approach which will include tasks such as room prep, bed making and some general cleaning as well as basic managerial clerical, whereas larger or busy premises may just be looking for managerial skills.
          Too many relief managers lose me when they start talking about their wealth of business accumen, and how they can improve your business.
          Many operators are just looking for someone to hold the reins while they take short breaks.
          It would be interesting to get others views, so I hope that some others may weigh in to your query.

Once you have worked on your direction, market yourself to those businesses within your area of availability,
          dont try to mass market yourself, pick a few and build up to the amount you would like to work, as it is no good having relief managers that are never available and you will soon be dropped.

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.