LINEN

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Busybees Busybees 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

PEPE
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    Can anyone tell me where they get their sheets from?
    Accommodation Linen have discontinued a line I use so I am looking for another supplier..
    Cheers Pepe

• Author
    Replies
    Busybees
    Busybees
    Participant
    • Topics Started 22
    • Replies 231

Hi, We have done both! What a shame you don’t have access to a commercial laundry!

When we took over we were with company A, and I am VERY particular, I would be sending back credits quite frequently until the owner came out and saw me a few times. He eventually sold to company B…. like going from the fire into the frying pan! I once counted 24 different types of washers!! We left and went to company C. They came and removed all the linen we had on hand and replaced it with all brand new and named. So when we sent linen in we got our own back. It was great, we had a few credits but no where near what we had with company B. Then 18 months later, company C sold out to company B so we were back to square 1.
    We kept all the toweling and launder it ourselves (we sent the sheets and pillowcases in). We do have a commercial washer but is not huge and we have a dinosaur dryer. We did this for about 8 months. We were tied to the laundry, and when it was cold and wet it was a nightmare. Heaven help us had we done the sheets ourselves!!
    We weighed up the water, electricity, chemicals and our time, and we were going backwards. Luckily, we have a really good rapport with the delivery guy and I asked him about the toweling, and he said it had improved out of sight. I looked in the van, and we have been back with them since.
    It was not worth the time or the money to do this ourselves.
    We have just done an order form mainlinen for some protectors and cheap as chips!! and the freight from Brisbane to regional NSW was only $27.
    Good luck with it

TIDYWAZZA
    Participant
    • Topics Started 8
    • Replies 83

We are also in a regional area and choose to do our own laundry. We have industrial washers & dryers & roller press. It can be time consuming to do the laundry but we are in control. Early last year I researched the 2 commercial laundry services to our town and the average cost was to be around $1400 monthly with minimum 2 year contract and minimum dollar payment monthly. We, read owners, do our laundry so no wages going out only running costs. There is one set on plus 2 sets used in rotation for each bed. Also carry new inventory of 1.5 sets for every bed includes linen & towels. Only buy when inventory is at special prices & negotiate with reps.

MVM
    Participant
    • Topics Started 10
    • Replies 53

We use Tonycolyer (aka hospitalitytextiles) and have also bought stuff from ChinoHouse and Johnbatman
    Colyer has fitted sheets 1/2 the price of anyone else, Chinohouse we bought flat sheets from (bigger size than standard queen and only around $15) Johnbatman has some bargains sometimes (pillow cases were $1.29) All commercial quality and very good stuff.

MVM
      Participant
      • Topics Started 10
      • Replies 53

ps.. We are rural and can’t get our stuff laundered 🙁

TIDYWAZZA
    Participant
    • Topics Started 8
    • Replies 83

We also use Tony Colyer huge range quality Actil linen. Also Grip Services have excellent quality & value prices for towels as well as linen. Prices include delivery.
    Linen and Towels [faiz@gripservices.com.au] 1300 137 139 or 02 9625 9707

flashlight
    Participant
    • Topics Started 1
    • Replies 15

Hi Pepe,

Many Motels theses days utilise a commercial laundry – they supply and clean the sheets for you, hopefully for a reasonable cost.

Otherwise, there are many suppliers out there. In SA and NT the leading supplier is Tony Colyer but I’m not sure about other areas.

Cheers,
    Lyle

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.