• Creator

Topic

Tania

Participant

Check out le pack online it is breakfast packs I think it’s a great idea for some people, we don’t use them but think its a good idea for some.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

Ash

Participant
        • Topics Started 1
        • Replies 14

Is there a rule broken here? I don’t want to get banned for having what appears to be a reasonable discussion.

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster
            • Topics Started 37
            • Replies 64

You will not be banned for participating in reasonable discussions. However, I have worked very hard getting this website up and running to help people in the motel industry to use totally free of charge and I will ban anyone who wants to have an attitude towards me or any other members of the Forums.

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
            • Topics Started 4
            • Replies 61

I understand your point but as we experience, budget hunters are not going to supply a decent income stream. I have mentioned in another thread that we have inherited very low rates from previous owners. We get so many calls “I come to stay with you all the time……” I know that these people are going to be disappointed when they hear that our rate is now $25 more than their perpetual budget rate, and only 5 minutes ago one just called back to cancel. She must have thought about the rate and changed her mind. We prefer to allow these guests to find something more suited to their limited budget. Our new guests are just as happy with the new rates. They are still very reasonable.

There are no big hotels like Rydges, Crowne Plaza etc seeking the budget guests. There is no money in it. I want to improve my business, supply an excellent product and make decent income along the way.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
              • Topics Started 22
              • Replies 232

No Mr Peterson, I have to disagree with you saying “that the budget end of the market is done”. Not all guest want to pay big money for a clean comfy bed. That is all a lot of people look for. Yes there are some that want all the bells and whistles and can afford it, but you still have the pensioner, as opposed to the grey nomads, you still have Mum and Dad the kids traveling to their holiday destination, which is where they spend the big dollar. Or the family that is coming to visit relatives but can’t stay at the home.

So yes this is still the need for a budget motel, BUT just because its “budget” doesn’t necessarily mean that its the pits!!

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
                • Topics Started 4
                • Replies 61

And as far as budget motels go. Is that market not done? After so long in the business, why would you still be low end budget style. Guests want more than that.

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
                  • Topics Started 4
                  • Replies 61

Too pricey for a budget motel! Really. Change your thinking.

We have used LePack and BTGs. LePack sold better due to transparent box. I imagine BTGS MAY HAVE GONE BACK TO THAT now. You have to watch the use by dates. Postage is also an issue. We found that $10.50 was acceptable to most. I think that is a lot of money for what you get. I would buy a box of cereal and a litre of milk for less. However, as we put three or four in each room, they did move quite well.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                    • Topics Started 22
                    • Replies 232

I used the “Breakfast To Go” packs for a sporting group about a month ago, they cost around $7 deliverd and I charged $10. They have their own disposable plate, spoon (serviette), so no washing up. We chose the fruit, cereal, juice and sweet muffin, whcih also has a mini museli bar, and yes longlife milk. We had no negative comments at all. We were in Sydney and they had them on offer, not that we bought them and I know of one other motel that uses them regualary, and its all that they offer. IF you have the space, then you can atcually do a nice display which makes them look appealing and therfore sell them. If I remember correctly, ours had a useby date, 9months after we received them.
                      We got ours from Travel Essentials. You can check out their website http://www.travelsessentials.com.au and have a look for yourself.
                      You say BMM that its too pricey for a Budget, how much do you charge for toast juice cereal fruit? Do you have a breakie room or do you deliver to rooms? Think of your wages (time) to set up the tray, wash up and obviously buy the ingredients. It might be worthwhile and cost effective to change, or at least try. We still offer cooked breakies so naturally own menus also have our continental selectin on them, who knows when we need to order more menus we may delete that part!!

BMM

Participant
                      • Topics Started 6
                      • Replies 46

Too pricey for a Budget Motel. Long Life milk and a muesli Bar instead of Toast.
                        Good Concept, but price outweighs the ease.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.