Motel Mingle Forums In Room Facilities and Motel Amenities In Room Entertainment Is the provision of FOXTEL a thing of the past?

• Creator

Topic

With the ever increasing number of ‘free to air’ channels, can we still justify the cost of providing FOXTEL? FOXTEL have not realy done right by the this captive industry. These is no digital signal (only HD) and a restictive number of channels that have not kept pace with customer expectations and unless you have ‘wide screen’ you can’t read the score line etc on NRL coverage!

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author

Replies

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
      • Topics Started 22
      • Replies 232

hey Portland Cabbage,
        We had the same issue, whereby when foxtel bought out austar, we had only 8 boxes but were being charged for 10. I rang and explained it wasn’t fair blah blah blah, and we had the extra boxes installed. It did cost us, can’t remember the actual cost but I kept ringing and we got one month free woo hoo big deal!! but still better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick!!

PortlandcabbagePortlandcabbage

Participant
        • Topics Started 2
        • Replies 22

Hi Ballina Colonial and Busybees

I am the same as Busybees in respect that I am in Victoria hence cannot drop Foxtel due to AFL and Footy Channels!!
          Foxtel have us over a barrel. I have 8 foxtel boxes but am entitled to 10 boxes on my contract, but I will have to pay the $1600 installation fee for the two extra boxes if I want them even though I am entitled to them…..really makes sense doesn’t it……considering that I am actually already paying for 10 boxes.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
          • Topics Started 22
          • Replies 232

Hi Ballina Colonial,

I wish we could drop FOXTEL, the rates are ridiculous, the reception, like digital TV is s@#$ when there is inclement weather BUT everyone wants it. AND we are in a ‘GayFL’ oops sorry AFL area so we still need it!!

imageBallina Colonial Motel

Participant
            • Topics Started 10
            • Replies 87

O.K. is this the final nail in FOXTEL’s coffin?

I said in May that I would see what the outcome was for the new NRL coverage. With this week’s media release that we will get four days of live coverage on ‘free to air’ from the start of the 2018 season, I would guess that many will now drop FOXTEL?

FOXTEL will really have to come up with something fantastic rather than the inferior service they currently supply us with to survive.

Participant
              • Topics Started 10
              • Replies 87

This is an article that I came across today and is exactly the way I was thinking we would have to go:

‘On demand video streaming has been around for some time, but Netflix, which is the world’s largest on demand streaming service launched in Australia on the 24 March 2015.
                Your guests are going to want to stream Netflix on your Internet connection and wirelessly. Netflix is accessible, anywhere anytime as your guests can watch Netflix on nearly any Internet-connected device, including smart TVs, computers, tablet PCs and smartphones. There are Netflix apps also available for iOS, Android and Windows and gaming consoles, like PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One and Nintendo’s Wii U.
                What does this mean to your business, your guest wifi and your Internet connection? Does your broadband have the speed and download cap necessary to handle it?
                There are a lot of businesses that may have difficulty meeting the bandwidth requirements. Connection speeds do decrease during peak-usage times. For Netflix it would be around the 6pm – 10.30pm timeframe.
                Netflix is usually set to stream at the highest quality over the Internet connection without the need for buffering (extracting the data first to avoid transmission interruptions).
                If your Internet connection has fluctuating speeds then the video will jump around from high, standard and low quality during the program which is very annoying and makes viewing extremely frustrating and often impossible. There are lower streaming settings, but your guests may not have theirs set up that way. Below is an abridged version of examples of bandwidth depending on streaming settings.

Low quality: A minimum connection speed of 1.5Mbps is recommended. If your connection is that slow, one guest might be able to stream, but don’t think you or any of your other guests will be doing anything else on the web.
                Medium quality (SD): 3Mbps is recommended this time, but once again you’ll be better off doubling that to 6Mbps. Six would allow one user to watch a show and another guest to do some other basic web surfing or use social media.
                High quality (HD): Netflix recommends 5Mbps for one user. Realistically 8Mbps or higher is probably better per user. Most users in Australia rely on an ADSL2+ landline connection for broadband. ADSL2+ has a maximum speed of 24Mbps if you are close to the exchange. And it drops off the further you are away from your exchange. Many users end up getting around 10Mbps or less in most cases.
                Ultra HD quality: Netflix supports this resolution in some countries. The minimum recommended connection speed is a stable 25Mbps. This is above the absolute fastest possible speeds over ADSL2+. You will need a cable connection or a fast NBN connection, if your guests want to stream ultra HD.

The figures above are examples for one user streaming Netflix – you do the sums using the amount of units you have at your complex and don’t forget that there could be multiple people in each unit wanting to stream from different devices. The result could be disastrous – to your Internet connection, to the guest experience and to reviews about your business.
                If you are lucky enough to be connected to the NBN you should have ample bandwidth if you sign up for a 100Mbps NBN plan.
                For businesses with ADSL2+ connections – forget about streaming at all.
                You will need to start considering future proofing your business and start to think about spending more money on your monthly internet connection to get faster speeds to provide a better experience to your guests.
                A lot of foreign visitors subscribe to their favourite sports for streaming while they are away and will certainly want to use your Internet/wifi to view the games. It may be time to start weighing up if Foxtel is a worthwhile monthly expense and perhaps putting that money towards better bandwidth.
                The future is on demand.’

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                • Topics Started 10
                • Replies 84

Armed with some new information re variances in pricing (see above) I again pressed Foxtel for a better deal and once more was refused. However I was given the following pricing structure so as to understand (ha ha) how we are all charged….

INTEGRATED ACCOMMODATION PACKAGE/PRICING:
                  1. 25.00 PER SCREEN STANDARD 1 PACKAGE SELECTION OF ANY 8 – 9 CHANNELS (EXCLUDING SPORTS & MOVIES)
                  2. 27.00 PER SCREEN STANDARD 2 PACKAGE SELECTION OF ANY 8 – 9 CHANNELS (INCLUDING SPORTS & 1 MOVIE)
                  3. $30.00 PER SCREEN PREMIUM 1 PACKAGE SELECTION OF ANY 8 – 10 CHANNELS (INCLUDES SPORTS & 3 MOVIES)
                  4. $35.00 PER SCREEN PREMIUM 2 PACKAGE SELECTION OF ANY 8 – 10 CHANNELS (CHOICE OF ANY SPORTS AND ANY MOVIES)

IN REGARDS TO FOX SPORTS 1 AND 2 AND 3 THEY MUST BE CHOSEN TOGETHER AND ACCOUNT FOR 3 CHANNELS IN YOUR SELECTION. AS WELL AS SKY RACING 1 AND 2.
                  BOX IN ROOM (STANDARD ACCOMMODATION) $35.00 PER ROOM WITH 31 CHANNELS AVAILABLE.
                  BOX IN ROOM (PLATINUM ACCOMMODATION) $55.00 PER ROOM WITH 92 CHANNELS AVAILABLE.
                  (THE ABOVE BOX IN ROOM PACKAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON THE FOXTEL BUSINESS WEBSITE) –QUOTES CAN BE REQUESTED FOR THE BOX IN ROOM AND ALSO ADDING IN EXTRA BOXES TO THE INTEGRATED SYSTEM ALREADY EXISTING.
                  PLEASE CONTACT JCV SYSTEMS ON 1300 616 579 FOR QUOTES (03RD PARTY CONTRACTOR) PAY DIRECTLY TO CONTRACTOR.

There now is that not as clear as mud ? And my reckoning of this cost offering still does match what I pay !
                  And again the compulsory/forced channels must be part of the package, so they are not my own choices they are Foxtels’ and I can add a few to theirs. All Hail to Foxtel the Dictator.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                  • Topics Started 22
                  • Replies 232

Our rates have gone up…again…(19 rooms $442.08 10 boxes)

They stopped sending out the sports program guide, (some months back),not that that really bothered me, but as I said the monthly subs have increased as have the number of adds and now they are stopping the program guide as of June 30!!
                    When it changed over from Austar to Foxtel, we were told we were entitled to 10 boxes for our monthly fee, so I said yep I’d like the 10 channels, believing that we were entitled to it it should come free!! Boy was I wrong, we got charged for extra shelving (even though it was there), extra cable even though it went nowhere. I look at what they are advertising for the home viewer vs what they are charging us is an absolute joke. I too would love to ditch it, but feel we do have a few customers that do watch the gayFl oops sorry AFL!!
                    I put it in the same category as OTA’s…..necessary evils!!

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                    • Topics Started 10
                    • Replies 84

And ours is $641.51 for 8 boxes with 20 rooms. Yes Foxtel is a service we must provide or guests will choose alternative properties. Some years ago we tried by eliminating Austar/ Foxtel from public notices/adverts and the guests did drop off. So Foxtel is another overhead we cannot easily eliminate. The varying prices are shameful. I have recently asked after a better rate and refused, Foxtel saying we now have this flexible swap to your favorite channel deal to keep you happy. It is not good enough !

Participant
                      • Topics Started 10
                      • Replies 87

We pay $461 (incl. GST) for 8 boxes and up to 15 rooms.

Mountain Man

Participant
                        • Topics Started 2
                        • Replies 26

$435 for 10 boxes and 19 rooms. Seems Foxtel can’t even get their pricing consistent. We are still waiting (after 7 weeks) to get problems (read unwatchable) with 2 channels fixed. Their customer service is deplorable.
                          I wait with interest to see what the new NRL deal is….I am itching to toss Foxtel out.

Angimon

Participant
                            • Topics Started 14
                            • Replies 80

We have 8 boxes, 17 rooms, for $487/month. We have been waiting 6 months… twice I have had my service calls cancelled for no good reason. After the first cancellation I have had a technician who had no idea attend, then someone who knew what they were doing, then had to wait for a new box, then a service call cancelled (again), now I have the same company that knew what they were doing due to come out this week… but during this time FOXTEL have changed the way they do their service calls, and I’ll have to pay technicians, then FOXTEL will credit me. Also, after receiving a letter threatening $300 charge for not returning the box, and sending back the faulty box, I have just received another demand and threat for not returning. TetherME…

PortlandcabbagePortlandcabbage

Participant
                            • Topics Started 2
                            • Replies 22

I pay $509 for 8 boxes and 16 rooms. I have a lot of tradies and reps staying with us and they want Foxtel.

Participant
                              • Topics Started 10
                              • Replies 87

This is an interesting time for FOXTEL, given the ever increasing competition and better options becoming available via the net. Yet for our industry, they are doing nothing to encourage us to stay with them. They think we are still in the dark ages on this one and will stay with them, but as we continue to provide our customers with better internet and other new technologies, it is only time before we all dump them.

Like some of the above, I do not believe many of my customers even watch it. Like Mountain Man I enjoy the NRL and is likely the only draw card, but given that NRL are about to re-contract out the coverage, we might see it move away from FOXTEL anyway.

PEPE

Participant
                                  • Topics Started 6
                                  • Replies 6

Hi guys,
                                    Hey Stephanie how many rooms do you have? I am being charged 465 a month for 6 boxes and I have 21 rooms.
                                    If anyone has the time could you post(1)number of rooms and (2) rates foxtel charge. It would be good to see who pays what
                                    Cheers Pepe

Mountain Man

Participant
                                  • Topics Started 2
                                  • Replies 26

Thanks Stephanie, that is interesting. Do you have much competition?
                                    To me, it is somewhat difficult to justify their monthly charge…..I’m obviously not privy to their business plan but I can say that we own and maintain the head end equipment and the cabling to the rooms. Foxtel’s contribution? A dish that retails for $45, a LNB retail $30 (both of which stay on the roof until the end of time), and decoder boxes that cost them about $18 each. Then they supply us with an inferior signal, close to non-existent customer service, and then fill their content up with advertisements and charge businesses exorbitant rates. Anyone remember their launch advertising all those years ago…..TV uninterrupted by ads? Bahhhahaha!
                                    They were more relevant before the advent of digital tv. I just want to make sure I do not p*** off my customers by removing these channels.

StephanieStephanie

Participant
                                    • Topics Started 6
                                    • Replies 43

Yes we ditched Foxtel back in July 2014 and we have had exactly 2 complaints and both in the last month. Of course there may be people choosing other motels because they have Foxtel and we don’t, and there is no way of surveying that, but we do not feel we have lost market share because of it. Since then we have had a call from Foxtel offering a better deal which I asked them to send in writing and it amounted to a discount of .30cents per month so I didn’t even bother to reply. Shortly after that I had another call offering 10 boxes (channels) at $360 per month but I have been unable to get it in writing so nothing has happened…

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

Mountain Man

Participant
                                      • Topics Started 2
                                      • Replies 26

Has anyone (Stephanie?) have any experience of ditching their Foxtel?
                                        I am doing my bi-annual questioning of whether it is actually worth it, especially considering the inferior signal compared to FTA. And the fact that I have had 2 boxes out of action for nearly 6 weeks, with limited or imcompetent action on the part of Foxtel.
                                        We are thinking of surveying which channels the guests last watched……not overly scientific but I can’t think of any other practical way of doing it.
                                        I noticed someone spoke of survey forms, but I think only a small percentage would bother filling them out.
                                        Foxtel rates equal first with third-party booking sites on the Mountain Man Dissatisfaction Index.
                                        I like NRL and my wife likes the Crime channel, but if it largely us that are the viewers the monthly charge is not tenable.

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
                                        • Topics Started 4
                                        • Replies 61

Thanks for your understanding, Martin. I will keep an eye on LifeHub and OOKI and wait until I see the product.

Thanks for the banter.

Mr P

imageOOKIMartin

Participant
                                            • Topics Started 0
                                            • Replies 3

No problem at all Mr Petersen, I’m glad I was able to confirm that OOKI is very much alive and kicking.

Our banter generated a little life in this thread too! :O)

imageOOKIMartin

Participant
                                            • Topics Started 0
                                            • Replies 3

Mr Petersen, I did not consider your comment to be harsh. I was curious why you had not contacted OOKI to confirm the veracity of your statement.

To many people, business premises located within hotels and home offices are very real workplaces. We don’t all have the option of owning and working from a hotel but OOKI does have the very real advantage of working from a hotel in which we deliver our services.

If you do want to know more about our product, please feel free to use the contact information provided on the website. If our site does not intrigue you enough to bother, that is OOKI’s loss and we accept your feedback.

Kind regards
                                              Martin.

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
                                              • Topics Started 4
                                              • Replies 61

Sorry OOKIMartin if you think my comment is harsh. The OOKI website is a bit Seinfeld (a website about nothing). There is no reference to ANY products. And as I stated elsewhere, the addresses imply that OOKI has ‘real offices’, but they are hotels and a private house.

If you think that this misleading and evasive ‘information’ is a good business strategy then I am afraid this is lost on me. I run away from things like this. There is no website for the ‘product’, and even in your above reference, you don’t say anything about the ‘product’.

I suggest that other readers do a web search for OOKI.com.au and draw their own conclusion.

imageOOKIMartin

Participant
                                                • Topics Started 0
                                                • Replies 3

Good day Mr Peterson

I looked at the aforementioned OOKI thing and I believe that is a scam. It is certainly not what it is purported to be. And you can’t get a straight answer from the website. If it was legitimate then at least there would be a real website and a real product. But NO.

Perhaps you should try using the contact details provided on the website before deciding that an offering is a scam?

Regarding your comment concerning information made available on the OOKI website, we have found that engaging with our clients to understand their issues, rather than inundate with non-relevant detail, provides clients with a better overall experience. We focus on customer interaction and satisfaction, just as we do with our solutions and services.

OOKI now provide a zero Cap Ex, zero Op Ex, revenue share only, delivery model. This is a financial model we have worked very hard to deliver. For a property that means zero cost and zero risk. Just a share of the income generated.

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
                                                  • Topics Started 4
                                                  • Replies 61

…And regarding FOXTEL service – I have been told by FOXTEL that to change channels, in future, will require a phone call to FOXTEL. Each box will be able to receive the whole range of channels but must be changed by FOXTEL.

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
                                                    • Topics Started 4
                                                    • Replies 61

I have recently taken over a motel and 4 months later I discover that the TV’s are only receiving 3 of 6 FoXTEL channels. I have had a few discussions with FOXTEL about getting a better service and have never been very happy with them.

$395 for 6 channels on 18 rooms. I am getting screwed there too! I only get three of them due to an RF issue.

I have just decided that I will probably remove the FOXTEL service. I think that a substandard snowy RF signal compared with clear digital is not good enough to display to guests. I won’t watch something on RF as our standards for quality are now a lot higher than accepting static.

Some of Our TV’s have a ATV/DTV button meaning that guests have to switch between Analog and Digital. Do they bother? Who knows.
                                                      Note. If you are buying new TV’s makes sure that they allow Analog and Digital on the TV Source and not by changing ATV/DTV.

I decided to change all TV’s over to ATV, so that when a guest switches on a TV, they will see FOXTEL. I just went to the rooms and found that ALL TVs are on Digital.

So, I am happy to save $400 per month and flick Pay TV. What is my alternative?
                                                      I looked at the aforementioned OOKI thing and I believe that is a scam. It is certainly not what it is purported to be. And you can’t get a straight answer from the website. If it was legitimate then at least there would be a real website and a real product. But NO.

I am thinking…….. What about a second internet service (to share the bandwidth) and supply Internet TV’s on WiFi.? That means I will need a few new TVs. And there is a risk that I still won’t have enough bandwidth. I tried one TV from KOGAN, a 32 inch Internet Tv and it is absolute rubbish. Great panel but it’s Android operating system is flaky, confusing and constantly needs a reboot.

Any other ideas?

Brumby

Participant
                                                      • Topics Started 3
                                                      • Replies 30

Alright Guys/Girls, Here is the Good News. I have just kicked out Foxtel and replaced it with Internet TV plus free High Speed Wireless for all our guests. So my guests can watch anything they want that is available on the net on their TV. Movies, Indian TV,British , American, Sports Youtube anything that is on the web. Cost-at present 1/3 of Foxtel and soon it will generate income for me. How? Local business have been invited to advertise their product on my TV. I already have 3. There is room for reciprocal you advertise mine I will yours. Captive audience. Want to know more!! Click here.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                                                        • Topics Started 22
                                                        • Replies 232

Hey there Mountain man, wonder why the dfference in price…we have 10 decoders and 19 rooms and we pay $436 a month!! We are lucky that with our TVs they can just channel up and down, thankfully!!
                                                          BTW welcome to the forums!

Mountain Man

Participant
                                                          • Topics Started 2
                                                          • Replies 26

We pay $428 per month for 19 rooms and 10 decoders. If it wasn’t for the need to have (in NSW) Fox Sports for the NRL I would ditch it. Picture quality not as good as digital free to air and additionally the majority of our TVs require the guest to change from ATV to DTV mode which is a pain.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                                                            • Topics Started 22
                                                            • Replies 232

Yes Stephanie, keep us informed of how it goes! They do, to a cetain extent,have us over a barrell but again, if more of us stuck together we could perhaps change things.
                                                              BTW after 4 months of to-ing and fro-ing, and paying for the 10 we finally have all 10 channels AND we got one free month!!!! go foxtel

Participant
                                                              • Topics Started 10
                                                              • Replies 87

Brave lady Stephanie; let us know how it goes.

Being in NSW, NRL rather than AFL is the main draw card and unfortunately only half the games are on free to air.

If someone had the money and opened a free to air movie channel, that really would be the end of FOXTEL’s domination; and they still aren’t digital.

StephanieStephanie

Participant
                                                                • Topics Started 6
                                                                • Replies 43

We have just pulled the pin on Foxtel. I surveyed our guests and they couldn’t care less. Most of the sports are available on free to air and the 8 channels we have do not come with AFL which is available free to air. I have talked to foxtel and asked to vary our selection but they have not been interested so we have cancelled. We go off the air tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if we get any complaints. It has been a huge task to get foxtel off all the channels and other sites we are mentioned on.

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

bellavilla166

Participant
                                                                  • Topics Started 3
                                                                  • Replies 16

We have 23 rooms and have 8 decoders and pay $723.00 per month.
                                                                    I think that foxtel is on it’s last legs and has to squeeze as much as it can from subscribers.
                                                                    If and when the nbn is up and running it would be cheaper to stream movies to guests who are prepared to pay for the latest movies and not some old repeats…….just wait and see whats around the corner when we get faster internet. IUn the mean time it is not a value added but a necessary ad on if you want guests staying at your Motel.

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                                                                    • Topics Started 10
                                                                    • Replies 84

Elite, your entry has been placed out of sequence amongst these informative posts.
                                                                      I see what you are experiencing. I would find it most difficult to offer any estimation of how long or which channels a guest would watch. Perhaps by questionnaire ? Personally I would prefer NOT to have it but, our market place dictates it as a MUST have or guests bookings drop off. I recall a few years ago 4 or 5 of our boxes died and all I had was complaints of the limited channels to view. One party checked out because we did not provide the Boxing match he wanted ! With such a variety of guests tradies, sales, oldies, sports nuts, movie addicts & young ones I need more boxes so I can exploit all the channels offered to me, so I can satisfy all their wants. I am sure if pressed, Foxtel will offer you some amount as credit in compensation for the breakdown in service.

(Admin Note:Elite has replied to a post made by BMM and that is why Elite’s post is where it is.)

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                                                                        • Topics Started 22
                                                                        • Replies 232

We were with Austar, when we took over(18months ago). We did receive the new signage and had it changed over to foxtel some time ago. We were away just recently and got to talking to the manager,(as you do).Foxtel was one topic that came up for discussion. We were paying $385 for 6 channels(19 rooms), but with the switchover we are now paying $435 for 10. We could have gone for a box per room at a cost $665 for 15 rooms, but that is def not worth it!!
                                                                          We have had customers ask us if we have foxtel and in particular sport channels, if not they would go elsewhere!! So I think it is a necessary evil!!
                                                                          We are still waiting for a technician to come out to give us a quote to install the extra 4 boxes needed to bring us up to Foxtel minimum for Austar’s 6, AND of course we are already being charged the new rate, regarless of the fact that we still only have 6 channels!!

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                                                                        • Topics Started 10
                                                                        • Replies 84

We have 20 rooms and pay $615.51 monthly. Yes only 8 boxes issued to us. I have not checked accurately for the total number of channels we can receive (approx. 15) but it is a pain having to change from one channel to another to keep a guest happy. Specially the sports nuts. Foxtel says no rental on additional boxes supplied but once quoted $1500 for installing each additional box to us in our regional area. Not a nice place to deal with but as JohnstonHewson says guests expect it.
                                                                          Our new Foxtel panels arrived last week. Have not seen a rep. from Austar/Foxtel for years maybe more than 7 years. They have the monopoly in this market and treat us clients with disrespect pricing and service wise.

Anonymous

• Topics Started 0
                                                                          • Replies 1

We’ve got 27 rooms. 8 Foxtel channels. Costs the owner about $11,000/year. But a lot of the guests really expect it. Especially the contractors and the retirees…

• #1846

robguy27

Participant
                                                                            • Topics Started 2
                                                                            • Replies 34

Of our 34 channels all up we have 3 movie channels & 5 sport channels

• #1844

BMM

Participant
                                                                              • Topics Started 6
                                                                              • Replies 46

Robguy, do you have Movie and sport channels in your package?
                                                                                Like Tidywazza, we have 8 boxes set up in the one position that connect to all rooms.
                                                                                For 16 rooms, we pay around $500 per month.
                                                                                Still a constant debate as to the value, but it pays its way.

• #2104

Elite

Participant
                                                                                  • Topics Started 0
                                                                                  • Replies 1

I would be interested in your calculation for Austar Paying its way ? How did you gage the use per room ? We are considering turning it off to see the reports to the office of no service. To date nobody has complained about 3 channels missing. . We have had 3 Boxes out of service for 3 months now. No amount of calling Technical support renders any help for us. Feed Up.

• #1840

robguy27

Participant
                                                                                  • Topics Started 2
                                                                                  • Replies 34

Yes we have 10 rooms with a box in each room. I would have thought that the more rooms you have the cheaper it should be

• #1839

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                                                                                    • Topics Started 10
                                                                                    • Replies 84

Hi, may I ask how many rooms your motel has ? Or do you have a box in every room ? Foxtel argues the more rooms to view the more they charge. I understand if you have 16 rooms or less they issue a box and card to every room ?

• #1834

robguy27

Participant
                                                                                      • Topics Started 2
                                                                                      • Replies 34

We have 10 boxes & pay $397-20 per month with 34 channels & do not charge guests to view

• #1833

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                                                                                        • Topics Started 10
                                                                                        • Replies 84

Just out of interest are we all paying similar prices ? For 20 rooms with 8 boxes I pay $615 monthly. Albeit I do have the ability to select from I think 14 channels but only 8 boxes to send signal out . Most of the available selection is to my mind rubbish news,ect. Austar says no monthly charge for additional boxes but installation of approx. $2,500 for each box. In my area if you don’t provide the foxtel satellite channels guests do not stay here. We do not charge to view.

• #1825

BMM

Participant
                                                                                          • Topics Started 6
                                                                                          • Replies 46

Have just had same argument with Foxtel and asked the million dollar question of new signage now Foxtel. No answers.
                                                                                            Same old package that was offered 8 years ago at a much hugher price. Now that there is a new range of movie channels there is a lesser update of new good quality movies each month.
                                                                                            However, the Austar sign still pays its way. But I would love to get a better suggestion?

• #1822

robguy27

Participant
                                                                                            • Topics Started 2
                                                                                            • Replies 34

Yes we agree & ask ourselves the same question as we find it is getting very hard to justify the Foxtel costs. We here that there is going to be yet another increase in their charges soon.

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.