This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  pnm 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

howie

Participant

No it’s not compulsory to pick your toenails and push them into the carpet so that the vacuum cleaner won`t suck them up.

• Author

Replies

pnm

Participant
      • Topics Started 4
      • Replies 17

Guest : “Can I have 6 slices of bread, 6 of the little butter packs, and a mix of jam, honey and vegemite thanks”

Me : “Sorry, you need to get your breakfast order in the evening prior, we are busy now doing the cleaning schedule and cleaning up the returned breakfast trays, there is an IGA just down the street where you can purchase those items”

Guest : “Oh no, I don’t want to walk down the street, the kids are still asleep”

Me : “OK, I guess if you are cooking it yourself in the room I can get these for you, bread for six with spreads will be $18”

Guest : “Oh, I didn’t mean I wanted to pay for them!! Can’t you just give them to me?”

Me : “Not this time, but I will ring our suppliers that we buy off and ask if they can give them to me for free in future so I can pass them out for free like you want”

Paul
        Paul

Participant
        • Topics Started 24
        • Replies 80

Heard the best today!

Guest comes into reception; “I’d just like to say that your power socket is stuffed in the bathroom and my hair dryer doesn’t work”
          “OK”, says I, “I’ll come and have a look for you”
          Proceeds to follow guest to room and asks her to show me.

She then proceeds to try and ‘install’ hairdryer into shaver socket!

Yes, she was a Caucasian Australian!

Paul
          Paul

Participant
          • Topics Started 24
          • Replies 80

Got a new one the other day!

Guest comes into reception, collects key and leaves….

About 5 minutes later comes back into reception and says; “No matter what I do, I can’t seem to get into my room. Your f***ing key is stuffed!”
            “Let me come and have a look” I say and accompany the guest to his room.
            “See he says”, falling behind me, “It simply doesn’t work”
            I carry on and ask him to come with me and then show him his room, number 21 NOT number 12……

Unbelievable!

Paul
            Paul

Participant
            • Topics Started 24
            • Replies 80

“Yes Sir, you do have a room booked for next Friday”
              “What? No, I’ve no idea how far it is to the wedding reception as you’ve not told me where that is”
              “You don’t know where it is either?”
              “Gawd”….

Real telephone conversation last week!

Negative comment: “The lift wasn’t large enough to take all our suitcases at once”

Negative comment: “There were too many light switches”

Angimon

Participant
              • Topics Started 14
              • Replies 80

Recently I had a guest checking out and she told me how much they had enjoyed their stay and how lovely the room was. Then, to emphasize the point, and something I could only take as a back-handed compliment, she said “I’ve stayed in worse in Sydney”.

Busybees
                Busybees

Participant
                • Topics Started 22
                • Replies 232

following on from Howie’s comment today….
                  I actually left a note and asked the “lady” (I use the term lightly!!) if she would mind flushing the toilet and putting all her used tissues in the bin so that I can remove the rubbish from her room!!
                  The rest of the room looks like a bomb went off!!

howie

Participant
                  • Topics Started 3
                  • Replies 71

Yes it would be nice if you flushed the toilet so I wouldn`t need to see what you ate for dinner last night !!!

Paul
                    Paul

Participant
                    • Topics Started 24
                    • Replies 80

Why won’t my room key card work?

Because you’re supposed to put it in the slot not wave it around like some Star Trek toy….

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                      • Topics Started 8
                      • Replies 84

Phone call…. Hi it’s Fred, how much is your $95 double for 2 people tonight ? ?

Busybees
                        Busybees

Participant
                        • Topics Started 22
                        • Replies 232

remotes/aircon/tvs seem to be the common thread, perhaps; we should all revert to MANUAL changing and rid ourselves of these pesky remotes- (that they seem to be able to use at home), and wouldn’t that go down like a lead balloon

Angimon

Participant
                          • Topics Started 14
                          • Replies 80

Them “The aircon/heater/tv doesn’t work/the remote has flat batteries”
                            Me “So, are you pointing the remote at the aircon/heater/tv?”
                            Them “Oh, right, it seems to be working now”

Busybees
                            Busybees

Participant
                            • Topics Started 22
                            • Replies 232

I cant get the TV to work maybe your batteries are flat…um try the tv remote and not the air con remote!!!

howie

Participant
                              • Topics Started 3
                              • Replies 71

Guest comes to the office and as always , your heater does not work( not I am not sure how to work the remote)
                                ( even though the instructions with pictures are located directly under the heater/aircon)
                                As always the remote is turned to air con!!

Angimon

Participant
                                • Topics Started 14
                                • Replies 80

40 degree day. Guest rings reception and tells me that there is no cold water in the kitchen. He also informs me that he works on building sites and has seen it many times where the plumber has plumbed the hot water into the cold tap. The building was 12 years old at that stage – I think some-one would have noticed before then! Ran the water for a minute or so, and, surprise, surprise… cold water!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.