Motel Mingle Forums Relief Managers Importance of Police Check & references

• Creator

Topic

melwer

Participant

Times & times again We are reminded of the importance of Police Check & recent references but There are times that we forget & ignore these important elements as we are tired & desperate for a break.Within the last 30 years I witnessed many employees that applied for a job & had previous unaccepted behavior such as: dishonesty,Lack of knowledge of the basic jobs requirement while claimed in their resume that they haves many years of experience in the business. The truth of the matter is that there are lots of employers that never report minor dishonesty or theft to the police and these employees(Relief manager) go in a circle from one motel to another motel repeating the same type of unacceptable performance.

I realize that sometimes it is hard to prove the suspected theft but by reporting it to the local police may help to bring these people to justice in the future. Minor theft will never remain the same and it gets larger & larger.

We recently employed a relief management couple who claimed that they have experience with RMS, Choice advantage & many years of experience.

We had to return from our 2 weeks break early for the following reasons:

Phone calls missed on numerous occasions
      Guest had no facility to check in only 15 minutes after the closing time even We have mobile number for after hours emergency

Most banking report did not balance & discrepancy in cash takings

Did not follow the procedure of payment first before handing over the key

they were not interested in proper hand over when we returned & very argumentative about different subjects to prevent a timely audit of their paperwork.

We realize that Relief managers will never perform the same as owners or permanent managers but they should at least follow the basic guideline given to them by their employer.

We urge you to ask for recent references & police check when employing staff & specially Relief managers so you would not experience what we had to go thru.

I am happy to provide more information regarding this issue by contacting me on phone # 0397419944

Kind Regards

Ben

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster
        • Topics Started 38
        • Replies 64

Great Share Ben! It was a real pleasure talking to you and I hope other members take the time to ask you the names of these people before they employ their next relief manager.

All the best for the future and a big thank you for sharing this information.

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

robguy27

Participant
          • Topics Started 2
          • Replies 34

Ben – Thanks for the info on the phone, it is good to know about these sort of people especially when the police have them on record

melwer

Participant
            • Topics Started 1
            • Replies 4

Hi Robguy

I thank you for your email & comments.

Hope to speak to you soon

Wishing you Good Health & Happiness.

Kind Regards

Ben

robguy27

Participant
              • Topics Started 2
              • Replies 34

Ben – Thanks for sharing this with us. This is very valuable information as we secure relief managers at least twice a year. To hear that these people obviously do not care about the motels that they are supposed to be looking after is very disheartening. It makes me angry that you pay them good money to do the job & they don’t do it. We will be ringing you to find out who they are.
                Hopefully the word will be spread around & nobody else employs them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.