Motel Mingle Forums General Chit Chat I challenge you, who will take it up???

• Creator

Topic

BusybeesBusybees

Participant

It is a shame that not more motels are joining in or registering with Motel Mingle. This site has so much potential for helping each other, spreading information, and “joining forces’ to battle the nasties (whom/what ever they may be).
      Perhaps we should each, send the web address to 10 other motels, and ask them to join and, in turn to send to another 10, so we can grow this site, as a place for “us”.
      Lets make it a challenge, give you something to do while you are sitting twiddling your thumbs.
      Send the site to how ever many you wish and get them to join, when they do, ask them to go the the ‘general chit chat\ forum and just put in your username,and we should be able to see who has joined and how many we can grow by!
      lets go!….

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
        • Topics Started 22
        • Replies 232

I believe we got a couple but not sure.
          Ballina Colonial thanks for the list.
          Mick I hope you did get it sent out!! Mick, can you tell if we did?

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster
            • Topics Started 37
            • Replies 64

We did gain quite a few more members and I still have others I have not notified yet.I actually have someone helping me compile a new database and will be sending out to existing members and also others who have not yet joined.

Our membership has grown to 295 members however many seem a little shy or hesitant to participate in the forums.

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
            • Topics Started 4
            • Replies 61

Did we get any more members from this

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
              • Topics Started 22
              • Replies 232

WELL DONE guys, heres to making “our” site bigger and better!!
                Keep up the great work Mick

imageBallina Colonial Motel

Participant
                • Topics Started 10
                • Replies 87

I’m please to say that my data base of over 2,300 accommodation providers has now been sent to Motel Mingle’s administration.

As this covered all types of accommodation provider, I did some sorting in Excel and we ended up with a listing of 650 motels. More than enough to be going on with I feel sure.

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster
                    • Topics Started 37
                    • Replies 64

Very much appreciated Ballina Colonial Motel. Hopefully we get a great response when I send out the emails.

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster
                    • Topics Started 37
                    • Replies 64

Hi Ballina Colonial Motel,
                      Thank you for your generous offer. Sorry I have not responded earlier as I have been busily trying to bring the site up to date with the new platform which has distracted me from everything else at the moment.
                      I must say that it is very much appreciated that you and other like minded members are willing to help make Motel Mingle succeed.

I will shoot you an email.
                      regards,

Mick

Participant
                      • Topics Started 10
                      • Replies 87

In the above comment dated 23rd July 2014, I offered the data base to ‘Motel Mingle’, but nobody took me up on the offer!

I believe that it is better that an e-mail invitation to join Motel Mingle comes from them not me?

For the record, this data base was not bought or stolen, but was self-created by me from information readily available to anyone. Thus, there is no legal infringement in using it.

My offer remains. Just need someone to contact me direct.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                        • Topics Started 22
                        • Replies 232

Way to go Stephanie, the more the merrier!!
                          Ballina Colonial how did you go with your database????

StephanieStephanie

Participant
                          • Topics Started 6
                          • Replies 43

I like this idea too. Why didn’t I think of it? I will spread the word.

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                            • Topics Started 22
                            • Replies 232

Wow that would be great Ballina Colonial….wouldn’t it be great if those 2000 joined or even 100???? Go for it I say, and I ms sure Stan(?) would agree.

Participant
                              • Topics Started 10
                              • Replies 87

I have to admit, with the busy lives we lead, I don’t have much spare time to ‘mingle’! One of the problem for me is that unless Mingle is in my face on a regular basis, I forget about it. What I had not done was to ‘subscribe’ to the various forum categories. This I have now done, but I wonder how many others that have already registered have done the same?

O.K. so how can I help. Well through the work I have done on behalf of Star Rated Properties Group (also registered with Mingle) over the last few years, I have a database of some 2,000 + STAR Rated Properties’ e-mail addresses, which might just short cut the research process for mailings.

Let me know if this would help and we can arrange a download?

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
                                • Topics Started 22
                                • Replies 232

You’re welcome. I have laready sent an email out, but as the saying goes…..you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink!! Heres hoping some of them are thirsty!!
                                  keep up the good work 🙂

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster
                                  • Topics Started 37
                                  • Replies 64

I love it Busybees. Thank you so much for appreciating the site and its potential. I have been very busy lately with other matters including selling my motel and have plans to upgrade the site to another platform which hopefully makes the site more user friendly.
                                    It would be fantastic if current members spread the word to others and get them to join as it is very time consuming trying to convince others to join.

Come on everyone, lets get it done and share Motel Mingle with other motel operators, relief managers and even suppliers.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.