Motel Mingle Forums Online Bookings How to disconnect an OTA

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MVM 2 years ago.

• Creator

Topic

Paul
    Paul

Participant

Dear learned people, can anyone tell me how to permanently disconnect Agoda from selling my rooms? I’ve disconnected their channel in my Siteminder (which is a lice environment linked to my Guestpoint) but apparently they can still sell rooms; it’s just that my Guestpoint or Siteminder isn’t updated or show unallocated bookings.
      They (Agoda) cannot now see my inventory and so are selling rooms that I just don’t have available. Tonight a couple came in and said they’d booked a family room on Agoda (2 minutes prior) and I didn’t have a family room to sell as they were all booked out! I’m taking it that Agoda are just going off the rooms we have in total as they’re not updated now.
      What can I do as this caused severe (and monetary) embarrassment!

• Author

Replies

MVM

Participant
      • Topics Started 10
      • Replies 58

It’s a big no no to disconnect your channel until the ota has disconnected it from their end first. I’ve been trying to get agoda to disconnect from their end for months but they just won’t. Did you eventually get it disconnected from their end, if so, how did you contact them. I’ve tried email, phone and it’s still connected.

Paul
        Paul

Participant
        • Topics Started 24
        • Replies 80

PS I think I mean ‘live environment’ not lice……:-)

flashlight

Participant
            • Topics Started 1
            • Replies 15

I’ve worked at a Motel where agoda have booked rooms that were not available to them. I was told by the owner of the Motel that this had happened before. When he queried it with agoda he was advised that if agoda do not have live inventory they use booking.com’s inventory! (I assume they are also owned by priceline who own booking.com).
              Cheers,
              Lyle
              motelsitters.com

Paul
                Paul

Participant
                • Topics Started 24
                • Replies 80

Hi Flashlight, no there was definitely 0 rooms available online so they couldn’t use Booking.com’s live environment.
                  Agoda’s parent company is indeed Priceline (as with Booking.com) but they certainly weren’t using their inventory last night!
                  How do I stop allowing them to sell my rooms permanently?

PS Their virtual cards don’t work this morning and they have admitted that their bank has put a stop on them!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.