Motel Mingle Forums Online Bookings Have Agoda gone bust?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  howie 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

Paul
    Paul

Participant

Tried several times this morning to take a Virtual Card payment for an Agoda booking but it was declined every time. When eventually got to speak with someone in Singapore, they gave us another 4 cards to try (which were declined) and he admitted that ‘their bank’ has stopped payments to their cards.
      What the heck is going on? We gave people a room (which they had paid Agoda for) and Agoda cards were declined!

Remember, you heard it here first!

• Author

Replies

howie

Participant
      • Topics Started 3
      • Replies 71

We decided to just adjust the rates on agoda to be double the price of any other websites we advertise on , so under the agreement with them eventually they will kick us off.

Busybees
        Busybees

Participant
        • Topics Started 22
        • Replies 231

Agouda is the Asian arm of Priceline, booking. no is the Australian European arm of Priceline. No I dont use agouda either! (sorry I dont like to give anyone freea adertisingso never use there real ames!!

Paul
          Paul

Participant
          • Topics Started 24
          • Replies 80

OK, after much frustration and speaking to answer machines, they finally gave me a card number that works. I have now disconnected them (just make no rooms available on their extranet – YCS) and told them in no uncertain terms not to contact me again. All of the guests experience point to them being particularly bad to deal with also. As they are based in Singapore, there doesn’t seem to be a local number to contact them on. There is a mobile of a so-called ‘rep’ based in Sydney but he never answers his mobile….

Angimon

Participant
            • Topics Started 14
            • Replies 80

Any update on this Paul? Are cards working now?

Paul
                Paul

Participant
                • Topics Started 24
                • Replies 80

As far as I am aware, NO they are not working. I’ve re-tried the card again for it to be declined. The problem I now have is another Agoda booking has come through for tomorrow and the guest will have paid them direct. What if their Virtual Card doesn’t work for this one either?

Angimon

Participant
                    • Topics Started 14
                    • Replies 80

I don’t use Agoda, but I’m sure some-one on Mingle does and can advise if they are having the same issue.

Angimon

Participant
                        • Topics Started 14
                        • Replies 80

Hi Paul

Well, it seems you’re the only one on Mingle that uses Agoda. From that I would take it that it is probably best to further look in to disconnecting from them. Maybe check the contract you have with them. Sometimes you need to give advice in writing to a particular department and that starts the ball rolling. Good Luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.