Motel Mingle Forums Reservation Methods & Systems Guest Reservation Systems

• Creator

Topic

Roz

Participant

I’m wanting to change my computerized reservation system, can anybody suggest a good one that also includes a site minder built in as well?

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

PaulPaul

Participant
        • Topics Started 26
        • Replies 80

We use Rezbooks here as our reservation system (very easy to use and input information) and Site Minder as our Channel Manager which looks after all the big OTA’s….

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
          • Topics Started 4
          • Replies 61

You have to have a decent software program. There are so many to chose from and none are perfect.
            RMS uses cloud only which can cause slow responses. It will not be available if your internet is off. Limited installations.

Look at Starfleet, Centium Guestpoint. GuestPoint support is excellent. Expensive to start up but gives nearly everything you want. Don’t use cheap or free software. This program is your business. Spend the money.
            GP includes links to channel manager, SMS Textin to guest, stats, great accounting, free support, training for relief manager, numerous installations.

Resale will be better with good software. We dumped the Spreadsheet rubbish on day one. You have to be serious about your software. And you need something that is recognised by future buyers..

bellavilla166

Participant
            • Topics Started 3
            • Replies 16

Hello from the Bella Villa
              We run a spread sheet for our rooms (which is similar to the booking programs)
              We run our invoices on a spread sheet with a macro.
              We also pay for a channel manager (108.00) per month
              All these are free but involve double handling.
              I think that I will give little hotelier a run but it costs about $250.00 per month.
              There is another program called room mate which is free for 25 transactions…this might give an insite of what you may need and how complex it may get.
              The biggest problem is ….when do you start as you have to transfer all pre booked bookings on to your new program
              cheers stan

imageBallina Colonial Motel

Participant
              • Topics Started 10
              • Replies 87

Kate hi. 15 rooms is about the max you can efficiently run with pen and paper, so moving to a computerised desktop booking system would be beneficial. However, a word of warning. You can sit anyone in your Reception and they will work with pen and paper, but not everyone can work and understand a computer system that you have customised for your own us, without a lot of training.

We use Siteminder for our online OTA booking system, which includes a mobile app and our own booking button to control our 12 rooms. The cost is $130/month. We run all the major OTAs through this very effectively. Now Sitemeinder also have a product called ‘Little Hotelier’, which links to this and runs your desktop booking system and has been designed with small motels in mind. I do not know the costs involved but the details/contacts are on their website. I think there is a free trial period as well.

Best of luck.

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                • Topics Started 12
                • Replies 90

Katie, why don’t you start with something simple and reasonably priced ? you must have at least some basic computer skills so have a peak at MotePC.
                  http://www.imagewaretechnologies.com/motelpc/index.html
                  It was here when we purchased late in 2004 and we did an update in 2005. A few months back I purchased this latest version from them. I too researched many options of software but I just wanted my own disc and not to have all the ongoing fees and pay for updates ect. So I stayed with this MotelPC system. It’s $299 for online download or as I did $320 for your disc. Also for I think $1100 there is a more comprehensive system from them with channel managers and other upgrade features. I do not have a booking button and I do not use a channel manager but still work OK with all the Wotif OTA’s as well as Booking.com

Kate

Participant
                  • Topics Started 4
                  • Replies 7

Hi Ballina Colonial, we have 18 rooms. I would really like to go computerised so we can keep details of all of our guests and use it as a marketing tool. It just seems that we are double and triple handling everything at the moment with the handwritten system, and record keeping seems to be non existent!

daveybeach

Participant
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Replies 11

Kate- best to contact all the major system suppliers and ask them for contacts of other motel operators already using the systems. We use RMS but not real happy with the service as they are always in a hurry to get off the phone.

imageBallina Colonial Motel

Participant
                      • Topics Started 10
                      • Replies 87

Kate hi.
                        First of all, how many rooms does your motel have?

Dependant on the above, sometimes the red book and the quill pen is a better option! However you do need a Channel Manager for your Booking Button and exposure via other OTA’s

Kate

Participant
                        • Topics Started 4
                        • Replies 7

HI All, we have just bought our first motel and the old owners were not very computer savvy. The reservation system consists of a big red book and a pencil. I have heard good and bad reports on RMS, especially the new RMS 9. As we are starting from nothing, would you recommend RMS9 to look after our own booking button, our daily reservations, and as a channel manager? Is anything going to be better than nothing?

CVM

Participant
                          • Topics Started 13
                          • Replies 32

We are using RMS at the moment and does the job. We don’t connect to any of the booking channels other than using RMS for our online bookings. I have not used any of the others however I have seen a demo of Centiums Guestpoint and that seems very user friendly.

Cassius

Participant
                              • Topics Started 2
                              • Replies 25

Centium employed motel managers to advise on what is needed and wrote the program accordingly.

robguy27

Participant
                              • Topics Started 2
                              • Replies 34

Tidywazza – Satin software info as follows –
                                info@satin.com.au
                                Geoff is the contact person – he is located in Nowra
                                Ph No. 042 838 4858

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                                • Topics Started 12
                                • Replies 90

HOLD THE PHONE. I have now sourced Mr. Satin Software and an info package is on the way to me. For anyone else curious please see
                                  http://www.satin.com.au

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                                  • Topics Started 12
                                  • Replies 90

Ok, Ok I want to research satin software but my internet searches have been fruitless. How about telling a contact name / number or web address so I can get to it ? ? Robguy and Tania are using so where do you get it ? ?

Tania

Participant
                                    • Topics Started 2
                                    • Replies 4

I use satin software and I can’t speak highly enough about it , I have used RMS before and absolutely love how user friendly satin is. The support is excellent nothing is a problem. I wouldn’t use anything else

Cassius

Participant
                                        • Topics Started 2
                                        • Replies 25

RMS a joke compared to Satin.

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
                                        • Topics Started 12
                                        • Replies 90

Hello, I too feel the need to improve my front of house software. I cannot find much info on Satin Package to research it. Anyone else have a high regard or negative comments on what they are using ? As we use this daily the choice has to be right for the situation at hand. Currently using 2004 version of MotelPC.

robguy27

Participant
                                          • Topics Started 2
                                          • Replies 34

Satin Software Package is good & can have a site minder included

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.