Motel Mingle Forums Guest Complaints Guest complaints and 10 ways to handle unhappy customers-(Infographic)

• Creator

Topic

BusybeesBusybees

Participant

Customers might get angry for a variety of reasons, some justified, some not. Whether they confront you face-to-face, over the phone, you are likely to encounter frustration, aggressiveness, irritation and very little patience. Handling such customers is one of the most difficult, stressful and challenging parts of the customer service job.

While unhappy customers tend to spread their negative experiences through word-of-mouth, online customer reviews and comments in social media channels, it can really hurt your brand’s reputation and even lead to revenue loss. On the other hand, the right response to a customer complaint can actually turn those unsatisfied customers into your loyal fans.
      Infographic-How to deal with unhappy Guests

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
        • Topics Started 4
        • Replies 61

One other way to avoid a nasty customer is to recognise their demeanour and state your rate higher than they would want to pay.

We inherited a corporate who was the rudest and most demanding asshole I have met. For 20% less than anyone else he wanted free faxing, free printing, delivered print jobs, free beer vouchers at local club. On his second visit, I raised his rate by $30 charged $1 per sheet for,all his printing, then he didn’t like the format and wanted the 30 pages again. No problem.
          His company was invoiced for nearly $100 more than previous visit. They decided to cancel their future bookings. Everyone is happy now.

Motel for Life

Participant
          • Topics Started 0
          • Replies 2

I very much agree that good customer service costs less than bad customer service. Always try to keep your guests happy and the end result will be very happy guests and a very happy you.

daveybeach

Participant
            • Topics Started 1
            • Replies 11

I have printed this picture and put it on our notice board to share with other staff members.

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster
              • Topics Started 38
              • Replies 64

Thanks Busybees. Great share and sure it will come in handy for the members. To other members, if you do come across any information that you think will help other motel operators or relief managers, share it on the forums. If you are not confident in posting the info yourself, send me an email by clicking on the “Contact Us” at the top of the website in the black menu bar.

Thanks again Busybees!

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.