Motel Mingle Forums Marketing Facebook

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  MVM 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

CVM

Participant

Is anyone using Facebook to be part of your Marketing Strategy? If so, do you think it is worth while doing or not?

• Author

Replies

MVM

Participant
      • Topics Started 10
      • Replies 58

Yep we have one https://www.facebook.com/MountainViewMotelCorryong
        Just post regular updates, info on what’s going on.
        People can also book directly through facebook and we have had a few bookings through it…
        I did turn off reviews though, As Ballina said, plenty other places to review and leave star ratings.. My facebook page is only for positive info.

waynephilip

Participant
        • Topics Started 4
        • Replies 16

Hi All
          just thought i’d get this thread going again as its been a while since the last reply.
          we are going to have a FB page running soon and we are also interested in Instragram and Twitter.
          each of these outlets have their own specific age group members and allow you to do certain things.
          I know some people have said that its time consuming, but how long does it take to take a happy snap load it to the PC (smart phone is faster) and get it out there..
          events and the like will be our main bread and butter..
          anyone else being tech savy now?

Ballina Colonial Motel

Participant
            • Topics Started 10
            • Replies 87

Been there done that many years ago, when I thought it was fashionable!

Dumped it, as it just became another place for people to lambast you; and we have enough of those already.

L & P

Participant
            • Topics Started 0
            • Replies 3

Our motel has a Facebook page. Contains photos of the motel rooms and houses, snaps of little events like staff birthday lunches, visits by car clubs, the chooks in their new gazebo, a new sign going up, etc. Just a chatty social page, but we’ve garnered quite a few friends and likes. We don’t treat it as a marketing tool. It is very easy to maintain.

L & P

CVM

Participant
              • Topics Started 13
              • Replies 32

I really think Facebook is probably more for the younger generation such as late teens to mid 20s. If your motel is in an area where these young ones like to hang out on week ends and holidays you will probably do well. Otherwise no point to bother. Just my opinion.

Tania

Participant
                • Topics Started 2
                • Replies 4

I have a fb page but isn’t working , I did have a customer put a photo of the view on our fb page and realised then I need people putting posts or photos on but don’t think u can ask customers to do that

I sometimes ask people to put posts on trip advisor if I know they have enjoyed there stay

Don’t know how to get the fb page going

Stephanie
                    Stephanie

Participant
                    • Topics Started 6
                    • Replies 43

I have had no luck with facebook either and also found it a lot of work with little result. Have just ditched google ads with little impact saving us a heap. It has been suggested to me that the way to go now is Instagram so we are going to give it a go.

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

daveybeach

Participant
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Replies 11

Looks like heaps of work. Not for us at this stage.

robguy27

Participant
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Replies 34

No we don’t use facebook – to time consuming for us

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.