• Creator

Topic

StephanieStephanie

Participant

Now offering a shiny new product ??? at a shiny new price of 17% which is optional at the moment but the old deal is to be fazed out in the near future (perhaps about the time they finalise their Wotif takeover). What do we think? My thought is to tell them to go to hell. The problem may be that when they eventually do take Wotif ??? it could be a large part of the looking public won’t find us so easily – then again maybe it won’t make any difference at all.

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

imageBallina Colonial Motel

Participant
        • Topics Started 10
        • Replies 87

Been trying to get a few days off before the ‘big rush’, so sorry I did not answer earlier. O.K. the nine are (excluding your own ‘booking button’:

Agoda – for Asian customers.
          Book Easy – as this is our VIC’s.
          Booking.com – for obvious reasons.
          Expedia – North American customers + not many operators on it.
          Jetstar/Hooroo/Qantas – I’m closest motel to our airport.
          QuickBeds – likely to get zapped as produces very little business.
          RoamFree – also likely to get zapped as produces very little business.
          The Hotel Network – gets us lots of Government (RMS) bookings.
          Wotif – for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
          • Topics Started 22
          • Replies 232

So BalLina Colonial, which 9 do you find fit best please?

Participant
            • Topics Started 10
            • Replies 87

I think that Expedia is a ‘must have’ ota, as a lot of overseas visitors use it and you will likely find that not many of your fellow motels are. The reason is a not very user friendly set up process that can take weeks, even months. I know of a few moteliers that simply gave up on it. Everything has to be submitted for approval, which takes too much time.

When we first started to use Siteminder to control our online booking over four years ago, I signed up with about fifteen, but after two years a number of these had never produced a single booking or raised their commission rate to excess, so I dropped them. I now have just nine.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
              • Topics Started 22
              • Replies 232

Hey all,
                I was thinking of joining expedia, but maybe will wait and see the outcome of the takeover!!
                No we are not linked with every ota. do you think it is viable to be on all of them?? I am guessing they are a necessary evil! But where do you draw the line?
                I am getting more and more frustrated with booking.com.

Participant
                • Topics Started 10
                • Replies 87

Interesting that Expedia should suddenly come up in conversation. Just yesterday I had an e-mail from them inviting me to be on their International Hotelier Panel.

What a joke that was and a complete wast of time to send to Australia?

I tried to answer the initial link survey and because it was written in ‘American’, nothing in it applied to me. All answers had to go in the ‘other’ box, with the end result a rather curt message ‘thank you for your interest. However, at this time, we are looking for survey respondents who fit a different profile’.

O.K. so what is the ‘profile fit’? Australia was not even one of the countries listed; so must not fit. Type of establishment was solely called ‘hotel’; so motels don’t fit. And so on.

I flicked them an e-mail for explanation and am awaiting a response.

Participant
                  • Topics Started 10
                  • Replies 87

We pay just 10% commission for domestic bookings and I understand that if you accept international (optional) you pay 15% for those. So are we saying the move is from 10% to 17%, as I have seen nothing in writing about it, or is it the 15% international moving to 17%?

I think it likely Expedia will move the domestic to 12% in line with Wotif and Booking.com and the international from 15% to 17%

StephanieStephanie

Participant
                      • Topics Started 6
                      • Replies 43

Interesting. We did not know that there was an overseas and local option with Expedia and we have been paying the o/s option of course. Will have to check that out.

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.