Motel Mingle Forums General Chit Chat Dear Guest……

• Creator

Topic

PaulPaul

Participant

No, I am not responsible for your own actions
      No, I am not responsible if you lose your room key
      No, I am not responsible if you decide to turn up late and expect to be let in with no phone call or email
      No, I am not responsible for heating your babies bottles at 1am in the morning
      No, I am not responsible for the taxi not turning up on time
      No, I am not responsible for your flight being delayed
      No, I am not responsible for the dodgy fish that you ate at the pub next door
      No, I am not responsible if you turn up at 7am in the morning and expect to check in
      No, I am not responsible if you can’t read the sign that says ‘No Vacancies’ and you ignore it
      No, I am not responsible if you expect to have a late check out and it hasn’t been arranged
      No, I am not responsible if the shuttle bus takes a long time to get to the airport
      No, I am not responsible for arranging your taxi in the first place (although I will if you ask nicely!)
      No……..
      No……..

Yes, I AM responsible for ensuring your stay here is pleasant and comfortable…..

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

PaulPaul

Participant
        • Topics Started 26
        • Replies 80

I would love to frame this and put it on the front counter and just point to it when guests check-in. It really does seem like 75% of the guests lose all limb functions and brain activity when they check-in to a motel. We had someone ring yesterday, with a booking today, asking my wife where she should eat and who serves what; she wouldn’t get off the phone until my wife had told her about all the restaurants around here (approx 25)….

Sheeesh!

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
          • Topics Started 22
          • Replies 232

LOVE it!! Paul. might even put this on the first page of the compendium that hardly anyone reads anyway!!

pnm

Participant
            • Topics Started 4
            • Replies 17

lol, that about captures the bulk of them 🙂 It goes a long way to explaining why we have all bookings prepaid (so it is a case of simply giving a key and saying have a nice stay everything you need to know is in your guestbook), then for the mornings having a sign “please leave your key on the counter – thanks for staying!”

Of course we still have the “suggestion box” which is really hiding a shredder for the inevitable pest that wants to whinge about anything at all not to do with the motel which always gives a great reaction.

PaulPaul

Participant
              • Topics Started 26
              • Replies 80

Rant over…..:-)

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.