Motel Mingle Forums General Chit Chat Credit Card Surcharge

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Busybees Busybees 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator

Topic

eddwina

Participant

Good Morning
      So the question is… Do you charge CC surcharge? if so how much? and how is it received by guests?

We don’t and think now I can only charge what I am charged…
      TIA

• Author

Replies

Busybees
      Busybees

Participant
      • Topics Started 22
      • Replies 231

Our channel manager charges a financial fee which is non refundable, We still charge the amex 3%, have no problem with that, as most amex card holders assume there will be a charge

MVM

Participant
        • Topics Started 10
        • Replies 58

We use to only charge for amex, but now amex have matched visa / mastercard charges (we negotiated it with them) so have just dropped the charge. But we have also increased the rate to include these charges.

We found especially with booking.com and expedia that it wasn’t made clear that there would be a surcharge for amex. They would only put it in the fineprint which lets face it no one reads… So they’d get here and find a surcharge on their invoice and get upset. Yet, now it’s incorporated everyone’s happy! go figure.

If you want to recoup the costs, my advice is just up your rate accordingly and don’t charge the surcharge.

Seaside2529
          Seaside2529

Participant
          • Topics Started 0
          • Replies 1

We only charge for Amex, no problems to date with that

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.