Motel Mingle Forums Cleaning Tips & Hints Cleaning windows

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Busybees Busybees 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

OnTheCoast

Participant

I have found that the best way to clean windows is using methylated spirits and water in a bucket. Use a rag to wipe over the window and then wipe over with a dry rag. The result is no streaks and a very clean window.

• Author

Replies

Busybees
      Busybees

Participant
      • Topics Started 22
      • Replies 232

For wndow cleaning, our contract cleaners use, dawn dishwashing liquid in warm water, then towel dry, no streaks and really shiny!!! Works a treat.not sure whether other dishwashing liquids are as good as dawn but I guess there wouldn’t really be a difference

Liz

Participant
        • Topics Started 1
        • Replies 16

Warm water and methylated spirits. Windex and similar products are waste of money because they are over priced.

Busybees
          Busybees

Participant
          • Topics Started 22
          • Replies 232

i bought a $10 window brush from woolworths. Dunk it in a bucket of water,wash with the blue and white pads, which are machine washable, then turn the brush over and use the wiper blade. works a treat..best 10 bucks i ever spent

CVM

Participant
            • Topics Started 13
            • Replies 32

I have to agree here. We have used a few different window cleaners and found that they did do the job but really a waste of money compared to the amount of product and effort you use to get the windows clean and streak free. Metho and water is the most economic solution we have found and you don’t need a lot of effort to get the desired outcome.

123daily

Participant
              • Topics Started 2
              • Replies 14

Metho is the trick.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.