Motel Mingle Forums Scams Apple Itunes Scam

• Creator

Topic

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster

The following email content is a scam email sent to me this morning. It looks like the real thing however when you hover over the links, you see that it redirects to another site an not Itunes or Apple. Just delete it.

If you have also received this email, DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS.
      Dear Apple Ituned,

This is a reminder to activate your Apple ID (my email address).We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail center for this year 2014. We are deleting all unused account to create more space for new customer’s.To prevent your account from closing,you have to update it below to prove the account is still in use.

Update Now >

Wondering why you got this email?
      In failure to verify your account within 24hrs on receiving this notification, your account will automatically be deactivated.

For more information, see our frequently asked questions.

Thanks,
      Apple Customer Support

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

L & P

Participant
        • Topics Started 0
        • Replies 3

I find that 90% of the scam emails have poor grammar and/or spelling. In the one quoted, for example, “…all unused account” should be ‘accounts’. And “…In failure to verify your account” makes no sense. There are others. And yes, I agree with the poster that the email address is also a huge clue. Never ever click on an attachment in such emails.
          Paul, Muswellbrook

L & P

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.