Motel Mingle Forums Scams another warning

• Creator

Topic

BusybeesBusybees

Participant

ACCC issues an invoice email scam warning

The ACCC is warning Australian businesses to beware of an invoice email scam.
      The scam involves scammers pretending to be legitimate suppliers advising changes to payment arrangements.

Scammers hack into vendor and/or supplier email accounts and obtain information such as customer lists, bank details and previous invoices. Your business then receives an email, supposedly from a vendor, requesting a wire transfer to a new or different bank account.

The email may look to be from a genuine supplier and often copies a business’s logo and message format. It may also contain links to websites that are convincing fakes of the real company’s homepage or links to the real homepage itself.
      For tips on how to protect your business, visit the SCAMwatch website and read our SCAMwatch radar.

Kind regards
      Small Business team
      Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
        • Topics Started 22
        • Replies 232

Hi Brumby,
          I have just received another accomfinder invoice also, same as Angimon…just bin it as i haven’t approved, so not paying either!

Angimon

Participant
          • Topics Started 14
          • Replies 80

Hey Brumby
            Don’t know anything about the exhaust system, but I’ve had those accomfinder invoices since day dot… I have always just binned them…they’re more than welcome to advertise my business but I haven’t approved so won’t pay 🙂

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
            • Topics Started 22
            • Replies 232

Sorry Brumby cant help

Brumby

Participant
              • Topics Started 3
              • Replies 30

I just received a call to clean our Restaurant exhaust system. $910 for a few hours, I think 3 last time. Declined was then advised that it is a requirement of our insurance. I don’t think so. Can anybody throw some light on this?
                Oh I also received a tax invoice from Accomfinder.com for $99. I did not advertise with them ever. Website redirects to Yellow pages. Another scam.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.