• Creator

Topic

StephanieStephanie

Participant

I have noticed that there are energy saver smart remotes that can replace our current remotes. We have split system reverse cycle systems with no ability to monitor the temperatures that guests select. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with these new smart remotes or some other way of reducing the power usage on air-conditioners??

Stephanie@ Redcliffe Motor Inn

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

StephanieStephanie

Participant
        • Topics Started 6
        • Replies 43

We now have the Smart Remotes supplied by Thermo Controls in Robina. Similar in price to the ones we returned to AirConOff but better feel, better colour for our needs (off white) and we can set the temp 2 degrees up and down for heat and cold. We have them set to 24 and the guests think they can adjust them from 18 to 28 (the placebo effect) but in reality the range is 22 to 26. The first 3 month power bill was not significantly different to the same time the year before, but our most recent shows a reduction of 8% from the same time the year before, which is promising.

PaulPaul

Participant
          • Topics Started 26
          • Replies 80

In my opinion, all A/C units should be set to 24 degrees either heat or cold. This will result in a more efficient, cost effective way of dealing with all seasons. How many times have guests set their A/C to 16 degrees and then complained that its not working right?
            Go figure!

StephanieStephanie

Participant
            • Topics Started 6
            • Replies 43

We finally got around to getting some smart remotes. We went with the AirconOff product just because they were sending emails really. We bought 18 and I was pleasantly surprised when he quoted the price at $39 each for a large order (?) – I had been prepared to pay more. They arrived on Friday and we now realise why they are so cheap. For a start they look cheap and nasty and they are silver while everything else in the room is off white (my fault – didn’t think to ask about colour). Geoff set one up in one of the rooms and the set up was reasonably easy once you found the right code. However the buttons get stuck easily and the wall bracket is very flimsy. And the placebo affect only works in one direction – up for warming and down for cooling. Anyway we have thought about it and decided that we are going to send them back.
              I have looked at the ultima remote site and at least they are the right colour. I will ring them on Monday and let you know how that goes.

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
              • Topics Started 4
              • Replies 61

We have the ‘Ultimate Remotes”. They are quite good. Of course there are a few guests who whine because they can’t change the temp to 18, but most of the time they work well.

wmbondwmbond

Participant
                • Topics Started 0
                • Replies 4

I think this is the one… http://www.theultimaremote.com/

wmbondwmbond

Participant
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Replies 4

Hi Stephanie – Have a look at these… http://www.airconoff.com.au/air-conditioner-universal-remote-control-smart-remote-save-power-save-electricity-save-money

I seen a more basic remote around for around $45… Just cant find them at the moment. Remotes you can program to a max and min temp – then lock so guests cant play with them.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.