Topic

BusybeesBusybees

Participant

SCAM WARNING

Print
      Email

Published on Monday, 19 January 2015 09:37

Article Read: 558

Accomnews has received warnings of a group of German backpackers allegedly claiming to be journalists and having a go at trying to get free accommodation, tours, food and drink.

It appears the group – using names like John Gerling, Ella Stagenberg and Ali Norbash – are travelling Australia allegedly trying to scam free trips saying they are writing for Kompact magazine in Germany.

They may also use the names of other travel magazines like Spiegel, PRINZ and Stern.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

BMM

Participant
        • Topics Started 6
        • Replies 46

We have previously been offered contra deals -i.e advertising slots for free accommodation.
          While the deal is not bad value, ypou have to take into account that you cannot claim what you don’t pay for.

However, if you believe there is some value to be had out of this. – Go for it!

But remember, for every honest wheeler and dealer, there is 10 scammers.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
          • Topics Started 22
          • Replies 232

Apparently some one must have for there to b an article in the accomnews. I wouldn’tfall for it and I def don’t give any free accommodation!!

Mr PetersenMr Petersen

Blocked
            • Topics Started 4
            • Replies 61

Who would fall for this.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.