Motel Mingle Forums General Chit Chat Accommodation Swaps

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Busybees Busybees 5 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator

Topic

Titania

Participant

Hi all

Does anyone know of a site for motel owners where you can offer someone a free night accommodation in exchange for a night at their motel. Maybe we could use this forum…..thoughts please.

• Author

Replies

Busybees
      Busybees

Participant
      • Topics Started 22
      • Replies 232

So hows this “page” coming along?? Have we got a place yet to ‘advertise’ our interest?

CVM

Participant
        • Topics Started 13
        • Replies 32

@titania
          You can contact other registered members by clicking on “My account” and then “Messages” and then compose a message. Hope this helps.

Motel Mingle
          Motel Mingle

Keymaster
          • Topics Started 37
          • Replies 64

I will think about how I can put this idea on the site somewhere. Maybe in the directory but not sure just yet under “Accommodation Swaps” and of course I will allow it to be free as a bonus to members. I have a few other things to implement first so it is not a top priority at the moment. Keep on posting your ideas guys and I will put it together soon.

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

allseasons

Participant
            • Topics Started 0
            • Replies 5

Great idea in theory but putting it into practice might prove to be a bit daunting.
              But saying that if there was a way that was workable then it would be a great way to get away without the normal cost associated and in doing so and Moteliers would get to meet other Moteliers. Sounds good to me.

Titania

Participant
              • Topics Started 2
              • Replies 3

Thanks for the comments guys. Here some suggestions on how this may work:

– owners would have to agree via email or phone on the swap details – no formal contracts
                – swaps could only be between two parties, not through a points system as someone would have the hassle of managing this.
                – Owners post a little about their motel, local attractions, and where they would like to travel to.
                – Owners can then make contact with each other. Therefore, a question for the administrator – can this forum be used for owners to contact each other.

CVM

Participant
                • Topics Started 13
                • Replies 32

Love the idea, I am sure it can work for most motels however it might be a bit hard for those who are not really in a destination that other motel operators want to visit.

Hawaiian

Participant
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Replies 2

Great Idea

Tania

Participant
                    • Topics Started 2
                    • Replies 4

That’s a great idea we would be in that.

Maybe have somewhere on the site where all motels interested can put there motel there and if anyone interested maybe you send each other a voucher with there letter head on it???

Motel Mingle
                      Motel Mingle

Keymaster
                      • Topics Started 37
                      • Replies 64

If anyone has ideas how to make this work, I am happy to try and implement it on the site. Not really sure where to start really so let’s hear your ideas on this one.

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

BMM

Participant
                        • Topics Started 6
                        • Replies 46

Great Idea, This works well when 2 motels agree, but can become a disaster when done on a large scale.

But good luck and hope that some can come to a mutually awarding arrangement

opal

Participant
                          • Topics Started 1
                          • Replies 2

Great Idea we would be in on that… need to get away sometime

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.