• Creator

Topic

holidaylodge

Participant

Hello, We have been out of AAA for about nine years. We decided not be participate due to the assessors not being consistent.
      We have not noticed any down turn in trade. When improving our facility we do it on feedback from our regular guests, not some assessor who has no knowledge of the industry, and punishes you if your taste ( in decorating) is different to his.
      AAA lost all creditability with me when they employed (name withdrawn) as an assessor.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
        • Topics Started 22
        • Replies 232

We have been lucky withour assessor. We had one just after we took over and then another 12 months later (6 months ago). We asked hime why so soon and he said it was to bring us into line with the new system. We passed our 3.5 stars without any problem. He was very approachable and his comments were fair.
          It is also part of our lease agreement that we maintian our star rating. Im not too sure what will happen if the next time round we need to do major refurbs etc to kep our rating.
          I do agree the “star system” is almost outdated what with tripadvisor and the customer review sections on all the OTAs!!

bellavilla166

Participant
          • Topics Started 3
          • Replies 16

We have NOT been connected with AAA tourism for 5 years.
            We were rated by them as a good 3.5 star….what does a bad 3.5 star look like?
            We have not looked back.
            Customers rate your Motel and recent pics on your website also help….people are not silly.
            Internet bookings are the way to go and if you take off their commission verses the AAA subscription …you are still in front.
            I tried their internet package and received 4 bookings for the year…total waste of money.
            I am with 12 accommodation providers and about 30% of my bookings are by the internet and are growing.

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
              • Topics Started 8
              • Replies 84

I was inspected late 2013 and again Mr.Happy says fix bathrooms fix carpets fix car park fix pool yeah I too am over AAA.
                If he wants to remove our 3.5 stars to lower I also will not be a member. 7 out of 13 in my region are now self rated. At least 1/3 of our bookings are via Wotif.com style sites. Yes I agree one does not get value from AAA subscriptions ect.

TIDYWAZZA

Participant
              • Topics Started 8
              • Replies 84

I am shortly to undergo another AAA inspection by whom I believe is the hatchet man placed to trim down star ratings for whatever reason the AAA has come to. This inspector has a very cold and savage manner to me and others I have had conversation with. Yes some windows were dusty , we had a storm the night before. The gardens need pruning, yes it is spring and everything is growing rapidly. So unforgiving in his interpretations and when asked what or how he wanted the upgrade or changes to be effected he had no input at all, “that is up to you” says he. How unhelpful is that. Anyway I have made numerous upgrades since his last visit and if he sees fit to revoke any rating from my current 3.5 stars I also will not renew my subscription. Asked him where is the most important avenue to place my money for your suggestions he says it was not his responsibility to advise of this. So fix this, change that, do more, this is dated, that is outdated but He will only criticise not be constructive. Will Vinz be agreeable towards me this round ? ? Perhaps. I will need to be con vinz ed

CVM

Participant
                  • Topics Started 13
                  • Replies 32

Let us know how it goes TIDYWAZZA.

alburytownhouse

Participant
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Replies 1

Has anyone heard of court cases regarding Leases with Star rating clauses and what the out come is

CVM

Participant
                    • Topics Started 13
                    • Replies 32

@ robguy27 I don’t want to name individuals as we need to stay away from personal attacks but lets just say that AAA have a lot to answer for. Yes it was my last inspection with the new rules.

robguy27

Participant
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Replies 34

CVM – is this your recent inspection with the new so called rules ? What was the name of your inspector ?

CVM

Participant
                        • Topics Started 13
                        • Replies 32

I was totally pissed off when my last assessment stated that I will be rated 1/2 star less from my previous assessment.

The main reason why I was pissed off was since my last assessment, I replaced all beds, bed side tables, lamps, linen including new bedspreads except for 1 bed. I even upgraded the old anologue tv’s to new digital flat screens. Wow what a kick in the teeth after spending all that money and they want to downgrade me. Our cleaning has always been assessed as top notch and continues to be, so that tells me that something is very wrong with the way they go about things.

I was not present at the last assessment and my manager was left to hold the reigns. You could imagine my disbelief when I was forwarded the report.

Also in the report they make suggestions to improve your ratings. One suggestion was to have fitted bedspreads. I could not believe what I was reading, the room he was commenting about was the 1 and only room without a fitted bedspread I had not yet upgraded. However the bed spread was still a recently purchased bed spread but not fitted. What has a fitted bedspread got to do with guest comfort? Does the guest prefer a fitted bedspread instead? COME ON!

I contemplated writing to AAA expressing my disappointment and so on but decided that they did not deserve the feedback and I did not want to waist my time.

I spoke to my landlord about things and he kindly agreed to drop the ratings from the lease.

robguy27

Participant
                          • Topics Started 2
                          • Replies 34

We are also contemplating withdrawing from AAA. The fees they want do not justify the means in that you don’t get much for your money other than arguing & stressing out when the AAA inspection happens. We have just had our AAA inspection with a different inspector to our last 6 six years. This one has never owned a motel either yet was full of what we should & should not have in the rooms. We prefer to take notice of our guests comments.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.