• Creator

Topic

BusybeesBusybees

Participant

Hi guys,
      I have been keeping all the alerts so that i can refer back to them… but I have just booked a guy in and his situation rang alarm bells for my husband.
      this guys apparently works for Roy Morgan Research, he pays with his eftpos card and then claims form his company. the card didn’t work or something. Just wondering if anyone can remember this BEFORE he gets here!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author

Replies

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
        • Topics Started 22
        • Replies 232

I tried to put this on the members beware page but it wouldn’t allow me!!
          Miriam and Simon (EDITED), (EDITED) from Sydney

Just a pre warning for what appears to be a dodgy guest, looking for accommodation this week for 2 workers.

Miriam from (EDITED) rang yesterday morning to book 2 of her employees for Mon-Fri. Did we supply breakfast lunch and dinner? She asked about parking for a drilling rig and long trailer. She said she would check with her supervisor, and perhaps ring back. She rang back about 4pm and wanted to book the room but now only needed Wed, Thurs and Fri, but the boys would know if they needed Fri once they arrived. I took her particulars, and told her she would pay the first night’s tariff to secure the booking. She said usually they to do an EFT on check out for all the accommodation and food, I said no sorry. She said that was ok there should be enough $ on that card, as they shuffle the money around. If not ring me back. Obviously the card declined and the number she gave me also wasn’t hers. Luckily enough the lady that answered knew what (EDITED) number was. When I told her who I was she sounded surprised! I told her the card had declined and she said she would speak to the supervisor to get him to transfer money across and he would be back to me in about 10mins. That was at 5.50pm last night!! Still haven’t heard so I have cancelled the booking.
          By the way the name on the card, ( her supervisor) has the same surname as hers (EDITED).

They may well be legit but it is a bit sus to me, so should she ring I would suggest that you make sure you get payment up front for everything.

Brumby

Participant
          • Topics Started 3
          • Replies 30

I just an alert for “EDITED” Constructions
            . A quick Google shows company details. I also note that there is no review. If you concern is real, put it on Google review.

Brumby

Participant
            • Topics Started 3
            • Replies 30

Hi Guys, I received the below email. Luckily there was no booking for 7th April for any Kevin. I suspect the attachment contains virus.

Hello,

I have made a reservation for one room for 7th April and i would like to change the arrival date for 6th April.

I have attached the reservation confirmation to find my reservation.
              Please let me know if it’s possible to change the check-in for 6th April.

Thanks,
              Kevin

Usually comes with attachment. Do not open any attachment. May contain Virus.

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
              • Topics Started 22
              • Replies 232

thanks Mick

Motel MingleMotel Mingle

Keymaster
                • Topics Started 37
                • Replies 64

Hi Busybees,
                  I don’t recall the alert and I also did a quick search in my emails and don’t find anything in regards to Roy Morgan Research. My personal experience with Roy Morgan Research guys when I had the motel was always ok and never had any trouble.Like always just go with your gut and if it sounds or looks dodgy, beware!

Finding answers.        Sharing ideas.        Solving problems.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.