Motel Mingle Forums Online Bookings Check-in.com compensation or not?? Reply To: Check-in.com compensation or not??

BMM

Participant
  • Topics Started 6
  • Replies 46

BMM

Participant

I have been receiving quite a few emails regarding guest cards not authorized for payment on guest departure.
    Our chain recently has been making a radical move towards virtual cards payments through our channel manager (such as wotif already do).
    This is costing us an extra 3% and I am dead against this move.
    Their reasoning behind this is exactly as first stated- invalid cards.
    My philosophy is with all sites that we take full payment upon booking, whether its 1 day or 100 days from when booking is received. We then ensure that guest presents card upon arrival, regardless of the fact that it has been prepaid.
    SURE, this may lose you some bookings or you may have to credit guests card if they cancel within your cancellation policy.
    BUT, I sleep well at night in the knowledge that I have received payment for room.
    Ensure that you get payment on arrival, even if the guest pulls the old “every other motel, I pay on departure”.
    This is your business and your rules, that is why you decided to go into business in the first place.
    SO YOU MAY LOSE THE ODD BOOKING, BUT IS THAT THE ONE THAT WAS GOING TO COST YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE?