Motel Mingle Forums Relief Managers How to determine a fair rate? Reply To: How to determine a fair rate?

BusybeesBusybees

Participant
  • Topics Started 22
  • Replies 232

So pandk for your $220 a day what do you do? I am truly interested so I can guage if I expect too much or if we are being ripped off! (We “inherited” a couple when we bought the motel).
    Do you also get your food, but no alcohol(or drink 3/4 carton crownies??)? do you expect to get “extra” food (take money out of petty cash) or do you make do with what the motel already has?
    We have 19 rooms, meals to the rooms and cooked/continental breakies. We service 3 rooms twice daily (permanent rooms).Our linen is outsourced. Do you do any cleaning, prepping the rooms, cooking, cleaning the pool, cleaning up the kitchen after you have finished??

Am I expecting too much to think that if we only had 2 rooms to clean that you would clean them AND not call in the cleaners OR leave them till the next day?? If we have 5 or 6 outs, am I expecting too much for you to strip the beds, replace the linen, hang the towels, put on the pillow slips, wash up, empty bins, refill the condiments???? How much is normal for travel money…should we expect to have to pay.
    We have only been in the game for under 2 years. We have had 3 different “managers” ranging from 1 day – 10 days. All have been fairly ordinary, even though all have had their own motels at one stage!! The last ones, one half sat in the back office watching tv and drinking coffee nearly the whole time. Is this normal??
    We are becoming extrememly dissillusioned with relief managers, and really wonder if its worth going away!!

If there are other relief managers out there, who want to give a run down on what you do for your $$ PLEASE do so. I know there was one other guy on a forum, who felt the same as I, so perhaps there are plenty of us but are all to scared to say anything, in case we scare you ALL away.
    I believe we are all looking for ourselves….someone who will look after it as if it were ther own, who really cares for the business and not just the paid holiday, who is willing to uphold the values/service and standard that we have built up, who is prepared to go that extra mile to make the guests stay enjoyable and memorable.
    We are looking for someone who is prepared to come in for 3 or 4 days every now and them, and then for 10 days towards the end of the year AND to treat our business with respect. If you are that couple please let me know!!